What's new

Clone DE what do you think?

Not sure what the point here is as the Ambassador is a clone of an Gibbs? Is it only ok for RE to make a clone of a razor?

Well are the Gibbs still made? If so I can not find with search new for sale?

Seems like everyone is copying something someone else built first.

No just Razor, Knives, Firearms, you name it.

True inventors invent something new to solve problem.

Other inventor take old product, and modify to make a better working version.

Then you have folk who just Kopy Kat item, make clones of products, or knockoffs.

The sad part of story is a inventor puts time & money into bring their produce to market.

Then their work, and R & D money goes down the drain when cheap clone is sold.

Well are the Gibbs still made?

Then you have folk who just Kopy Kat item, make clones of products, or knockoffs.

The sad part of story is a inventor puts time & money into bring their produce to market.
The point of my original post was you seem to have a problem with Yaqi making a copy but you don't have a problem with RE and he did the exact same thing Yaqi did, there's a word for that but I just can't remember what that is!!

It doesn't matter if the Gibbs is no longer being made either... Did Matt go and get permission to knock off the Gibbs in the same Way Shane did with the Tradere, no need to go and look as the answer is no!! No difference between either Yaqi or RE in this situation!! You are correct in that its sad that the inventor got screwed in all this especially from RE...:facep:

Well done, Yaqi!
The first ss and brass version of the ultima had a very sleek, minimalistic and slippery looking handle. I think that handle didn't do the razor any justice. This one looks very nice, I would be tempted if I hadn't already spent so much on other stuff. The handle on the Ambassador isn't "criss crossed", this looks more like a Karve handle or a dscosmetics kvs handle. Russians might even call it a Colibri inspired handle.

We're talking razors. They are all made for the same purpose. Obviously some will look alike. I dont find it odd that one company lends ideas from another. From a consumer point of view this is a very interesting piece of steel as it is indeed inspired by a very successful design and...it's very reasonably priced.

I love it! Though it still looks like the corners of the baseplate could puncture a tyre.

The point of my original post was you seem to have a problem with Yaqi making a copy but you don't have a problem with RE and he did the exact same thing Yaqi did, there's a word for that but I just can't remember what that is!!

It doesn't matter if the Gibbs is no longer being made either... Did Matt go and get permission to knock off the Gibbs in the same Way Shane did with the Tradere, no need to go and look as the answer is no!! No difference between either Yaqi or RE in this situation!! You are correct in that its sad that the inventor got screwed in all this especially from RE...:facep:

I have problem with thieft of intellectual property.

Use to have nice cash flow from sale & resales of my images.

If you want to use domes intellectual property, become legal paying license fee & royalties.

It sort of like shoplifting, it’s only stealing from big company. But people cry when price rise from shrinkage.

Friend is inventor, to bring product to market idling, costly process.

Not cool when some one clones, or counterfits products with patents. Getting patent is also costly part of production.

So the 1,000,000.00 dollar question is was the design by Yaq1i New or just a Copy of product with US Patient?

Mr Gillette back 110 year plus ago got patient to protect simple idea.

Read n learn.

Last edited:
Some wonder why you're such a huge cheerleader for RE when he did exactly what you have a problem with in the case against Yaqi....:mad2: I'm done here!!

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I know that word you are looking for.....Does it start with an H and end in ypocrite?

Top Bottom