What's new

Cleaning bronze razor

Hi,
I just receive my timeless razor bronze from them. First use previous for tomorrow morning. For those who have a bronze razor, what is the best product to get patina, cream, liquid, your help will be appreciate.

I just use a bronze, metal cleaner I bought from the local store. Works great with a toothbrush on my Timeless Bronze
image.jpg

Patina is for copper roofing and bronze statues. Clean and shiney Cars, guns and razors show pride in ownership.

Gillette used a tough and ling-lasting Nitrocellulose Lacquer on their gold razors to keep them shiney. You can see a red coating on many Gillette razors - that's the nitrocellulose lacquer. I have a couple of well-cleaned razors I'll be coating with that lacquer as soon as it is delivered.

Patina is for copper roofing and bronze statues. Clean and shiney Cars, guns and razors show pride in ownership.

Gillette used a tough and ling-lasting Nitrocellulose Lacquer on their gold razors to keep them shiney. You can see a red coating on many Gillette razors - that's the nitrocellulose lacquer. I have a couple of well-cleaned razors I'll be coating with that lacquer as soon as it is delivered.
Where do you bought this lacquer ? Particular names?

I am in the clean & shiny camp with most of my razors. I have a few well-used razors that the brassing & patina add character & history to them.

I’m often an outlier, but I’m enjoying the patina developing on my Timeless bronze and Charcoal Goods brass razors. Over time, my shiny CG brass razor is starting to look more like my antique brass CG razor, and my antique brass CG is starting to look more like my shiny CG. Someday, perhaps, they’ll meet in the middle!

Over time, my shiny CG brass razor is starting to look more like my antique brass CG razor, and my antique brass CG is starting to look more like my shiny CG.

Some day if you're bored, I'd love to see what these patinas look like on a razor in real life.

I bought a polishing cloth from Razor Emporium and it does a great job on my Timeless Bronze and shines up vintage nickel plated razors too. Check with your spouse, she may have a jewelry polishing cloth that may work too and be cheaper.

Thank,
Now I have a name, I will check Canadian, eBay sellers do not ship to Canada. Many thanks.
Nitrocellulose lacquer is what Gillette used on their gold razors. It is pretty tough stuff - Also used as a protective coating to keep brass doorknobs shiney, & in guitar making.

I've had a shiny CG brass from the early days that I try to keep shiny but it's a pain. I accidentally left it overnight in Barbicide. Looks better than new.

Top Bottom