What's new

Chrome Adjustable

Anyone else (besides Mr Razor) who owns the 1960 Gillette Chrome adjustable and can confirm that the blades provided with that set are only the ones displayed on Mr. Razor's site? What I have with mine are supposed to be the ones delivered originally with the set -- at least according to the gentleman who sold it to me (and claimed to have purchased it new). Your thoughts?

full

full
full

Off topic but what is the price range in that condition for one of these?
Curious since I have no vintage razors but wouldn't mind getting an adjustable!
I'm a Newb!
Thanks,
LRod

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Generally, @LRod , we don't talk values here at B&B. Those are pretty scarce razors we're talking about, too.
I'd suggest a Slim Adjustable or Fatboy for a start in the vintage adjustable sector of the hobby.
A warm welcome, sir!

Anyone else (besides Mr Razor) who owns the 1960 Gillette Chrome adjustable and can confirm that the blades provided with that set are only the ones displayed on Mr. Razor's site? What I have with mine are supposed to be the ones delivered originally with the set -- at least according to the gentleman who sold it to me (and claimed to have purchased it new). Your thoughts?

full

full
full

Your blade dispenser looks to be the right one. Just like the NOS specimen in the video. The old ad shown in the video does however show that that particular model also got sold with a 20 blade dispenser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic but what is the price range in that condition for one of these?
Curious since I have no vintage razors but wouldn't mind getting an adjustable!
I'm a Newb!
Thanks,
LRod
Go search for 'Gillette Toggle' on eBay with previous sold razors and then remember that this "Chrome Toggle" which is in fact nickel plated is more rare.

Should give you a pretty good idea.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Your blade dispenser looks to be the right one. Just like the NOS specimen in the video.
No, the Razor Emporium mint condition example has a Super Blue pack, go to 6:54 and take a look. It's not like Jake's.

Generally, @LRod , we don't talk values here at B&B. Those are pretty scarce razors we're talking about, too.
I'd suggest a Slim Adjustable or Fatboy for a start in the vintage adjustable sector of the hobby.
A warm welcome, sir!
OK, new one for me! I learn something new everyday. My other hobbies are drums (new and vintage) and cars and on those forums we talk values all day. I guess for razors it's different.
Thank you for the welcome,
LRod

Jake, I think your dispenser is wrong as it's an English dispenser. A wrong dispenser is also shown on my page. The instructions show a dispenser with 20 Gillette Blue Blades. I have updated my set but not yet the image on my page.

proxy.php
20220415_135600.jpg
1960 Chrome Toggle Ad.jpg

Last edited:
While we are at it, I am guessing that the cases are rarer than the razor? I have been looking for a case for mine for almost 3 years (in all the usual places) and haven't even seen one advertised in all that time

I have seen lots of cases for the gold toggles, but none for my gold 1-5 or my chrome / nickel toggle :(

I think the case for the nickel toggle and the case for the gold 1-5 toggle are the same, is that correct?

While we are at it, I am guessing that the cases are rarer than the razor? I have been looking for a case for mine for almost 3 years (in all the usual places) and haven't even seen one advertised in all that time

I have seen lots of cases for the gold toggles, but none for my gold 1-5 or my chrome / nickel toggle :(

I think the case for the nickel toggle and the case for the gold 1-5 toggle are the same, is that correct?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the Toggles with only 5 settings called ''Serial'' Toggles and are the really rare and hard ones unlike the ones with 9 settings?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the Toggles with only 5 settings called ''Serial'' Toggles and are the really rare and hard ones unlike the ones with 9 settings?
Yes. As far as I know they are very rare. I only have cases for my "regular" gold toggles. I think I have 5 gold toggles 1-9.

I only have 1 x gold 1-5 and 1 x nickel toggle 1-9. I do not have cases for either of these. I wish I did. I think that the cases for both of these are the same, and are quite different from the long rectangular toggle case.

I do not have a nickel toggle 1-5 . I'm still looking if anyone has one to sell 😀

My friend has a nos Nickle toggle still in shipper. I was his uncles. It has the 1960 version blade pack which is the 10.I have never seen one with a 20pk blade which would be incorrect. Also to note the 10pk blade pack came with a separate instruction booklet along with the toggle booklet. Despite the advert saying it comes with a 20pk in reality it shipped with the 10pk blade.

Top Bottom