What's new

Chrome Adjustable

Mine came with 20pk blades also. Seems to be the more commonly sold set than with 10pk blades.
IMG_2195.jpeg

Last edited:
Just curious, how rare are the Chrome Toggles?

You see folks looking for Double Rings, Toggles, or Red Dot and Bottom Dial Fatboys. I haven't seen a lot of people mention the Chrome Toggle as a grail. Just curious if there is a sense of how rare they are. Cool pieces and granted I'm not a Toggle connoisseur.

People are also looking for the 'Chrome Toggle'.

They are just quite rare and more so than the 'Standard Toggle', 'Double Ring' or 'Red Dot'.

The 'Chrome Toggle' is most likely just as rare as the '1-9 Bottom Dial'.

'1-5 Bottom Dial' is taken it up a notch again so that can be compared to the 'Serial Toggle'.

Hopefully you are not confused 🙂

I'm not sure I would compare the 'Chrome Toggle' to a Red Dot or a Flat Bottom. The Chromes are indeed not as common as a D1 and a F4 gold Toggle, but the really rare one is the Serial Toggle, because those were made in very small quantities. The other thing that I remember is looking at the Ebay price statistics from the past 10 years or so on the different Toggles and Red Dots and Flat Bottoms and from what I remember, the price difference was huge. The fact that there are lots of people who own the "Chrome'' version even on this forum makes me think that they are not that rare as we might think.

People just love to take things out of proportions and some even think that the regular British and US OC and SB TTO Aristocrats are rare as well as the Hybrid Tech. My personal definition of a rare razor is a razor that only a very few people have it and if I have it in my collection, then it's definitely not rare.

Anyone else (besides Mr Razor) who owns the 1960 Gillette Chrome adjustable and can confirm that the blades provided with that set are only the ones displayed on Mr. Razor's site? What I have with mine are supposed to be the ones delivered originally with the set -- at least according to the gentleman who sold it to me (and claimed to have purchased it new). Your thoughts?

full

full
full

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!:a29::a29:

Unfortunately, I can provide no help with your question.

Thanks gents! That's helpful. Just was curious as I haven't noticed too many posts about them or don't see them trades hands on the bst.

Thanks gents! That's helpful. Just was curious as I haven't noticed too many posts about them or don't see them trades hands on the bst.
I was surprised to see a nice set sell for double what they sold for a few years ago. Not sure how many were made but they are a good catch and usually are the among the last items a collector would sell under any circumstances.

Top Bottom