What's new

Christy Razor

Here's one I found yesterday that I just couldn't leave sitting there. I have seen Christys with full metal handles, but this wooden ball tipped handle was pretty cool. Anyone have any input on when this razor was in service?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That looks like a drumstick! (Really)
Christys were in use during WW2; that's all I know. I have one, and I wish blades were available, to try it out.

That looks like a drumstick! (Really)
Christys were in use during WW2; that's all I know. I have one, and I wish blades were available, to try it out.

Yup. I've seen that, but they were all more refined than this one. I'm thinking a wooden handle would date it much earlier.

I have several Christys but I have never seen one like that one. I have at least three styles of Christys but all are unlike the one you picture. I've not seen any before with wooden handles. Christy also made razors for others, such as the Keen Kutter razors for Simmons Hardware.

The Christy Co. is still in business. I believe it is being run by a third or fourth generation Christy. To my best knowledge, they haven't made razors for many decades, but they still make that little sliding blade knife that they've made for 100 years or so. I sometimes have wondered if anyone there would have any historical information on their razors. I may have to write and ask. Actually, their factory in Fremont, OH isn't that far from me.

Regards,
Tom

Bumping this thread. I came across a fresh conventional Christy last week while picking and it prompted me to pull this unique variation out of storage. Any info from a new generation of members?

:confused1

Bumping this thread. I came across a fresh conventional Christy last week while picking and it prompted me to pull this unique variation out of storage. Any info from a new generation of members?

:confused1

Anyone ever try this Feather blade to see if it works in a Christy?
proxy.php

Not only did someone add the drumstick, yes, a real wooden drumstick, but the two parts of the handle that are metal don't match. It's a home brewed handle.

I agree about the home brew handle, but it is not a drumstick. FAR too thin. 5/16th inch at its widest. The whole thing finely tooled.

Last edited:
Very cool. Never seen one like that before. Possibly a ladies model with the longer handle?

Bonnie & Clyde movie this am on History Channel had a shaving scene where Clyde used a regular Christy.

Top Bottom