What's new

Chris at Razorplate does his magic again!

A New Deluxe made in England....probably the only vintage I'd be interested
in now. Good to know they exist.

Tonich, if you dont mind, what work did you get the Cap to do on it?

@Tester28
In this case he had to re-thread the post before plating as it was a bit dull. Nothing major though, but it was an improvement.
I sent 3 razors - aristocrat with loose crimp and a rocket for replating which has to be taken apart before sendting to Chris. He had to disassemble and do basic check of the razors before sending them for replate. He also act as a QC upon receiving them back including quality of plating and assembly. Fine tunning. It's an actual whole manufacturing process those two fellows go through. The result is always top notch.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Good quality plating should not look glossy.
Less is more in this business. That leaves the surface texture as close as the original. If you look on eBay you'll see other replates that really look thick and glossy.
Actually a poor done job. Like this (random pick):

proxy.php
I agree. Look at the loss of definition in the knurling and safety bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

a very talented man who knows the insides of these razors, and how to revive them, better than most.

His board name is Captain Murphy but I understand you have to email him...
I dont have his email.

I don't do shaving reviews, sorry!

CAP's email: [email protected]
Feel free to make an enquiry over email, stating you got the email here. Please note the reply might take a few days sometimes! Depending on how busy he gets.

Here is why no one should try this at home!
I'd be utterly upset if I receive my newly replated razor in this condition!
This one is for sale as we speak:
Rhodium-Plated-Gillette-Bulldog-3-Piece-Razor-_57 (1).jpg
Rhodium-Plated-Gillette-Bulldog-3-Piece-Razor-_57 (2).jpg
Rhodium-Plated-Gillette-Bulldog-3-Piece-Razor-_57.jpg

I saw that. Chris' work does not look like that. In the plater's defense, it looks like it was probably a poor candidate for replating because it still needs to have a polished surface. The replating does not fill in scratches and pitting, if follows the contour of the surface. Still there is no reason for the knurling to look like that.

Apart from overly aggressive sanding of the surface, look how thick the plating is! Like someone poured a bucket of molten metal over it! :yikes:

Top Bottom