What's new

Chiseled Face Legacy Razor

Yeah doesn't look like a true matching color does it, I see what you're talking about.
Sure don't want to risk a drop on nice gear. Appreciate the thoughts.
Wolfman bronze handles are a quite close colour match with the Lambda bronze. Probably the only other maker using a similar colour metal to Lambda. They are both nickel aluminum bronze alloys. There is only a very slight difference in colour and it definitely isn’t enough to bother you.

FWIW here’s an older pic of my Athena head with a bronze Wolfman Darwin handle. Luckily polished bronze is one of the lowest cost options from Wolfman, and remember their prices are in CAD not USD, so the cost is a bit less than it appears.

D029050D-BB6E-41AA-B772-55B302ED381D.jpeg

22CF3494-A4BB-4D51-A87B-A7B199BA6373.jpeg

Wolfman bronze handles are a quite close colour match with the Lambda bronze. Probably the only other maker using a similar colour metal to Lambda. They are both nickel aluminum bronze alloys. There is only a very slight difference in colour and it definitely isn’t enough to bother you.

FWIW here’s an older pic of my Athena head with a bronze Wolfman Darwin handle. Luckily polished bronze is one of the lowest cost options from Wolfman, and remember their prices are in CAD not USD, so the cost is a bit less than it appears.

View attachment 1711105

View attachment 1711107
Looks like that handle was made for it. Those Darwin handles are nice looking too, I might have to try one of mine out and see how it feels.

Looks like that handle was made for it. Those Darwin handles are nice looking too, I might have to try one of mine out and see how it feels.
Doesn’t look bad on the Ares either….

I’m a fan of the Wolfman take on the Darwin handle too. Some people find it too narrow but with the facets and slots it’s really nice to hold for me and very secure. I love the way the curves catch the light and show gradients of tone and interesting reflections. Particularly good in a polished finish, I think, and nobody does polish better than Wolfman.

1CF91706-32A4-4FC0-B81C-D6557663741F.jpeg

88DA8E09-AE93-499E-BED2-D56B40CBA365.jpeg

Doesn’t look bad on the Ares either….

I’m a fan of the Wolfman take on the Darwin handle too. Some people find it too narrow but with the facets and slots it’s really nice to hold for me and very secure. I love the way the curves catch the light and show gradients of tone and interesting reflections. Particularly good in a polished finish, I think, and nobody does polish better than Wolfman.

View attachment 1711116

View attachment 1711120
Wolfman polishing is definitely top of the line, especially that mirror finish.

Coming back to this thread. The Legacy performed very well in my den shave-offs and is definitely one of my favorite razors now. There is something about it that is really unique.

The one and only thing I don't like about it is that every once in a while the head comes loose from the handle. It has happened at least three times. I thought it only happened when I used the CF handle, but it happened to me yesterday morning when I was using a Wolfman handle.

Am I the only person this is happening to? I don't know if it is a design flaw of the razor or whether there is something wrong with mine specifically. There are plenty of threads. I can't figure out why this keeps happening. I hate having to check and tighten the head every and over again while shaving. This doesn't happen when I shave with any of my other razors, so I don't think the problem is my technique.

The head getting loose while shaving has got to be annoying.
I've not had to happen on a razor but don't have a Legacy either.

Find the photo of ""Chiseled Face Ti Razor"" on the Internet.
The case made of a whole piece of aluminum alloy CNC makes the whole set interesting, like Michelangelo said "The sculpture is already complete within the marble block, before I start my work. It is already there, I just have to chisel away the superfluous material".
View attachment 1312381
That’s quite unlike anything I’ve seen… wow.

Coming back to this thread. The Legacy performed very well in my den shave-offs and is definitely one of my favorite razors now. There is something about it that is really unique.

The one and only thing I don't like about it is that every once in a while the head comes loose from the handle. It has happened at least three times. I thought it only happened when I used the CF handle, but it happened to me yesterday morning when I was using a Wolfman handle.

Am I the only person this is happening to? I don't know if it is a design flaw of the razor or whether there is something wrong with mine specifically. There are plenty of threads. I can't figure out why this keeps happening. I hate having to check and tighten the head every and over again while shaving. This doesn't happen when I shave with any of my other razors, so I don't think the problem is my technique.
I'd contact the owner to see if he can do something. When I bought the aluminum one, I had an issue with it and he took care of it ASAP!
That's never happened to my Ti,
(regardless of using a washer or not!)

Reactions: Kix

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm interested in this razor but only if it works well at a steep angle.

Steep & Shallow Shaving Angles.640.7-22..png

Cal @Cal has one of these beauties. He uses a steep angle, always. Hopefully, he will offer his experience using the Legacy at a steep angle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm also a bit curious about this razor and from what I've seen on Youtube and few comments here or there, the Legacy is very angle dependent razor and if you don't maintain it, it will perform poorly, which is a red flag for me.

Top Bottom