What's new

Checking in

Hello B&B, I've been collecting old razors recently, these Shakespeare's were given to my nephew, a barber, by one of his customers and he gave them to me knowing that I'm into classic grooming. Seems that most google searches seeking information includes this forum so I reckoned I should join. For my own shaving I shop at Trumper's and Taylor of Old Bond Street. My name's Dan I live in West Sussex, I really like boxed sets, recently got hold of a Joseph Rodgers set but two in them were replacements and have a couple of military ones as well. I'm keen to learn, keen to buy. Love all the sets I've seen from here on google images so certainly looking for shopping tips. Thanks everyone.

IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome, Dan! I think you will find this place a treasure trove of knowledge. And a great place to socialize.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome @DanSA from another with M7DSAD (matching seven-day set acquisition disorder).

M7DS'scan be rather expensive and difficult to find. I decided to put together my own sets.

IMG_20200812_131657.jpg
My Latin Set

IMG_20200825_112943.jpg
My Old English Set

IMG_20210107_094938.jpg
My Chinese Set

Display.JPG
My Japanese Set

IMG_20210804_142632.jpg
My English Set
(Most Favoured)
The first and last sets pictured above include an eigth evening razor for when I need to shave for special occasions like going to the opera or ballet. This keeps those sets wearing evenly. I wouldn't be seen in polite company if I had a M7DS with uneven use.

I am currently working on putting together a M7DS of T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall" SR's. They will be my travel set.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the welcomes.

I've had a little look around now and the forums are far beyond my expectations that in themselves were high. Already found a new and interesting product in 'Florida Water' scrolled over and searched with google, first thing I noticed was a nice label- never a bad thing, then that it was citrus- that''s my bag. And the cheap price, so I ordered a bottle then saw that it's an allrounder product so will try this as a pre-shave in place of my skin tonic (Trumper).

The wording in the OP seems to suggest that the military razors are sets when in fact they aren't they're just two old straight edge ones. I have another hobby that's collecting Militaria and so here there is a crossover.

I recently bought an antique barbers mirror set (below) and am currently looking at a range of old barbers bottles like this on I ordered last week.

I look forward to seeing vintage/antique items that members here have or are looking at.

Attachments

• 8803_52886_392815a8fa6f_o.png
    8803_52886_392815a8fa6f_o.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5
Welcome @DanSA from another with M7DSAD (matching seven-day set acquisition disorder).

M7DS'scan be rather expensive and difficult to find. I decided to put together my own sets.

View attachment 1362312
My Latin Set

View attachment 1362314
My Old English Set

View attachment 1362318
My Chinese Set

View attachment 1362315
My Japanese Set

View attachment 1362319
My English Set
(Most Favoured)
The first and last sets pictured above include an eigth evening razor for when I need to shave for special occasions like going to the opera or ballet. This keeps those sets wearing evenly. I wouldn't be seen in polite company if I had a M7DS with uneven use.

I am currently working on putting together a M7DS of T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall" SR's. They will be my travel set.
M7DSAD sound really scary (yet fascinating), I bow to your artistry.

I did recently miss out on a stunning set, advertised as available but was on hold for someone else, they said they would hold them for two more days as the person was dragging it out and wouldn't you know it... Otherwise I am (at this stage at least) happy buying shabby old sets that need a lot of TLC (bit of a junk shop rat anyway) like these up for auction this week, estimate £30-£50.

Attachments

• 1100016050_PREVIEW.JPG
    1100016050_PREVIEW.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 6

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Welcome, Dan! You'll find lots to explore here. Just remember that once you've spent all your cash buying straights, then you will be free to explore other rabbit holes, of which we have a tremendous number. :)

O.H.

Welcome to B &B where the company is amazing, information abounds....... And we have rabbit holes that many of us explore 🐰 🕳️😁 Which then leads to more information...

Top Bottom