What's new

Cheap Wizamet super iridium on the bay. Anyone tried them?

So last night I found a guy in France selling 100 pack of Russian Wizamet Super Iridium blades for 22 euro free global shipping. He offers free returns so I figured what the hay. He has 100% positive rating, but, it is in the teens. So far he has sold 36 of these and I am wondering if anyone else has purchased from him. At this price I am thinking they are fakes, but, if they are real it is a hell of a deal on a great blade. With polsilvers becoming harder to find a deal like this is hard to pass up. I have never tried Wizamet, but, everything I read says they are even better than polsilver so I am hopeful. He doesn't have many left.

Looks like he raised the price from 22 to 26 since yesterday. Still a good deal.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are better deals out there. Here are a few threads you can get some info out of...

Of all those the only better deal was 60 for 250 from Oregon guy on eBay. The rest were done. Thanks. I had read two of those threads, but, thought they were't relevant anymore. Also the wizashaves site says they still have them in stock, but, can no longer process payment.

The standard price for Wizamets is $50 for 250, though they have been trending up of late. Broken up sleeves, to buy 50 or 100, do command a price premium on a per-blade basis.

They are the same blade as Polsilver. I have both. I couldn't tell the slightest difference in a blind test if someone held a gun to my head. Seriously...they're identical except for the packaging.

There are so many pallets of legit Wizamets floating around that the odds of getting fakes are low, and possibly zero. Wouldn't spend two seconds worrying about it.

...They are the same blade as Polsilver. I have both. I couldn't tell the slightest difference in a blind test if someone held a gun to my head. Seriously...they're identical except for the packaging...

Yes, this has been known here for years yet new Wizamet/Polsilver theads rehashing this thoroughly "plowed" topic refuse to abate. And to think it's not even PPI's best blade..........:whistling:

Of all those the only better deal was 60 for 250 from Oregon guy on eBay. The rest were done. Thanks. I had read two of those threads, but, thought they were't relevant anymore. Also the wizashaves site says they still have them in stock, but, can no longer process payment.

wizashave.com is currently listing them as $50 for 250 with 7 of the 250 blade sticks currently in stock. He discounts if you buy more than one. If you happen to look when he's out of stock, just wait a day and look again. I've purchased multiple sticks from him in three separate orders with no issues.

I just ordered 250 from the Wizashave website (Morocco). I had no trouble with the order from the Wizamet site or Paypal. The order went through and I got an order confirmation number, and the funds were paid (per the Paypal site). When I started, the Wizamet site showed "3 Left". When I finished, the Wizamet site showed "2 Left". It all looks good. I will report back..if and when the blades arrive. If not, I will report it to Paypal and to this thread. Everyone who has bought from this site has had good luck so far. The blades seem to be genuine and arrive in approximately 2 weeks. Nearly everyone who has purchased from this site, has reported these blades shave extremely well. Equal or better than new Polsilvers.

I just ordered 250 from the Wizashave website (Morocco). I had no trouble with the order from the Wizamet site or Paypal. The order went through and I got an order confirmation number, and the funds were paid (per the Paypal site). When I started, the Wizamet site showed "3 Left". When I finished, the Wizamet site showed "2 Left". It all looks good. I will report back..if and when the blades arrive. If not, I will report it to Paypal and to this thread. Everyone who has bought from this site has had good luck so far. The blades seem to be genuine and arrive in approximately 2 weeks. Nearly everyone who has purchased from this site, has reported these blades shave extremely well. Equal or better than new Polsilvers.

great blades, buy with confidence from wizashave....moroccan post is slow so dont hold it to
very high standards...but you'll get it. And PayPal has you covered.

Three weeks ago, I ordered a sleeve of 250 Wizamets for 44 euro from a Moroccan Ebay merchant: faima_2870 (faimashop). They arrived yesterday in good shape. I'm one shave in and these blades shave just like Polsilvers. The only difference I have noticed on the blades themselves is this:
  • the Wizamet blade is printed: SUPER IRIDIUM TM
  • the Polsilver blade is printed: SUPER IRIDIUM R
The Wizamets are packaged in tucks of 10, printed in French & Arabic, dated 18/01/19.
The Polsilvers are packaged in tucks of 5, printed in Polish, no date.

I ended up paying just slightly more per blade for the Moroccan Wizamets from Faimashop than I paid a year ago for Polsilvers from Razor Blades Club.

NOTE: Faimashop is now charging EUR 50 for 100 blades.
I'd love to know how little these cost in Morocco! (On second thought, ignorance is bliss.)

I received a picture of these blades from Super Iridium Blades (from Spain) after I inquiring about Polsilver blades being discontinued. The tucks were dated 2019. There is another seller on eBay (also from Morocco) who has these blades at a much better price and although his feedback looks bad, the feedback for his blade sales have all seemed positive.

I will let you know how they are when I receive mine.

DROMASHOP on the bay is the real deal!orderded 1000 Iridium Supers for $150 shipped on Nov. 24th and they were delivered yesterday.

Attachments

• FD5FF5CA-AC03-4C08-AD0A-BB8816DDA304.jpeg
    FD5FF5CA-AC03-4C08-AD0A-BB8816DDA304.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 79
  • BE646A44-D9D9-4D87-AC06-D81081810515.jpeg
    BE646A44-D9D9-4D87-AC06-D81081810515.jpeg
    601.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 3A67DA69-9284-480D-A1B3-4D3E502B3758.jpeg
    3A67DA69-9284-480D-A1B3-4D3E502B3758.jpeg
    863.9 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: edw
I just ordered another 1000 from Dromashop and another guy off eBay. That’ll put me close to 2000 of them and Polsilvers. Hopefully lasts me close to the rest of my life.

You guys are killin' me! I thought when I ordered my third sleeve I had reached a clinical stage of conspicuous obsession-compulsion. But it is now clear I am going to need a 4th.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I just ordered another 1000 from Dromashop and another guy off eBay. That’ll put me close to 2000 of them and Polsilvers. Hopefully lasts me close to the rest of my life.

Close? At a blade a week, that’s over 38 years of shaving.

A commitment that long normally requires a license and a ring.

Top Bottom