What's new

Is this the biggest scam ever???

It has been so long ago when I actually purchased razor blades, I'm just about to buy 500 Wizamet Super Iridium for 72 euros. Curiously got me and I decided to check out the prices of the Gillette carts. WTH? My local drugstore sells 20 Fusion cartridges for ... 120 euro. On the site that sells the Wizamet Super Iridium razors you can buy 1000 razors for 135 euro. That is freaking INSANE!

It gets even worse because Gillette came out with the Gillette Intimate blades, these are meant for your private parts. 3 cartridges for 22 euro, I bet everyone here shaves with their DE razor for way less :biggrin1:. For 22 euro you could get 200 Astra SP's. And then there is their newest gimmick, Gillette Labs Heated Razor which has a price tag of 150 euro. How does the heating pad stays warm after you rinse it? The amount of BS is just insane. I really wish more people would learn about DE shaving and stop supporting these kind of companies.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING beats a DE/SE razor shave!

Last edited:
Most of the DE blades we buy are made and/or sold by Gillette/P&G, so we are still supporting these companies.

Also, I don’t agree that most DE shavers maintain their nether regions with DE razors. I know I wouldn’t and I have comfortably used DE, SE and straights for decades.

It has been so long ago when I actually purchased razor blades, I'm just about to buy 500 Wizamet Super Iridium for 72 euros. Curiously got me and I decided to check out the prices of the Gillette carts. WTH? My local drugstore sells 20 Fusion cartridges for ... 120 euro. On the site that sells the Wizamet Super Iridium razors you can buy 1000 razors for 135 euro. That is freaking INSANE!

It gets even worse because Gillette came out with the Gillette Intimate blades, these are meant for your private parts. 3 cartridges for 22 euro, I bet everyone here shaves their balls with their DE razor for way less :biggrin1:. For 22 euro you could get 200 Astra SP's. And then there is their newest gimmick, Gillette Labs Heated Razor which has a price tag of 150 euro. How does the heating pad stays warm after you rinse it? The amount of BS is just insane. I really wish more people would learn about DE shaving and stop supporting these kind of companies.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING beats a DE/SE razor shave!
thx, i really don't get it.
whatever, enjoy your stuff!

IMG_20231013_081145.gif

This is what happens when an oligarchy controls the market and tries to push people into using their proprietary products. What amazes me is that more people don't question it.
to be fair, they can do it, because people are hooked on it. "I don't want to slice up my face" (with a DE razor) they might say. They'd need to put in some effort to learn to DE shave, and it would take 5 minutes more per shave (or not, depends on the individual). apparently, people rather pay the extortionate price of cartridges and complain about it. or just grow a beard.
the minute people stopped buying carts, they'd do something about the pricing, but with the current status quo, they just rake in the cash.
So many products proved it that two things matter for the average joe: is it cool? and is it convenient to use. think of nespresso, subpar coffee that pollutes the planet for astronomical prices. the cart of the coffee world, I don't see them going under either.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I tell you the trend I hate, that started during the pandemic, is when everybody started growing stubble beards, and full on beards. And with YouTubers, they said that once they grew out the beard, now the decision to keep the beard or not, is under their wifes control. I can tell you one thing, none of your wifes are going to ask their husbands, whether or not they should shave their legs.

Its just ridiculous if you asked me. If I were hiring on somebody to manage walk ins, in my mechanics shop, I'd require that the worker be shaved at all times. Despite the name being cool for an razor, I'd rather the wolfman not greet my customers thank you very much. So I suppose these folks say, can't afford the cost of cartridge razor blades, so I will just grow a beard, and not care about the image I put out.

I can think of a lot of YouTubers who look terrible with a beard, I wouldn't want them working for me, just saying lol. Please people, if you don't like the cost of cartridges, ( Just as we B&Ber's don't ) buy a DE razor and learn to shave. Thank you, thats my rant for today. Tune in next week, when I have a complete meltdown over the current state of the housing market. 🤣

Way I find to get best or good price on thing I need is to shop prices, seek best price.

I buy blades off eBay, because they seem to have deals.

Vendors in India seem to be good so far.

Hi,

I buy blades made by Accu-Tech in Verona, VA. Personna Lab Blues (or Med Preps). The other Personna blade types come from other outfits. The med preps do cost more but are easier to identify.

Stan

The biggest scam ever is buying the insurance on electronics, household appliances, or a car rental. Cart razor blades are a close second. 😉🍻

Top Bottom