What's new

Cheap Wizamet super iridium on the bay. Anyone tried them?

I'm actually thinking of selling off my stash of Polsilvers now that I'm loaded up on the Wizamets. Those little 5-blade tucks sort of annoy me now that I've gotten used to those nice fat 10-packs of the Wiz. And yet ... it seems somehow sacrilegious to sell Polsilvers.

Close? At a blade a week, that’s over 38 years of shaving.

A commitment that long normally requires a license and a ring.

lol this is true. As long as they don’t go “bad” I’ll make good use of them. They’re the best blade for my face and when I couldn’t find Polsilvers anywhere I kinda panicked.

I'm actually thinking of selling off my stash of Polsilvers now that I'm loaded up on the Wizamets. Those little 5-blade tucks sort of annoy me now that I've gotten used to those nice fat 10-packs of the Wiz. And yet ... it seems somehow sacrilegious to sell Polsilvers.
This is indeed a sacrilege of highest order in wet shaving world. If you must disown them then only proviso is that you can piff them to a more committed wet shaving brother; like myself!!
BTW i read in another forum that your rank GSBs to me sharper than Polsilvers/Wizamets. On my face and whiskers GSBs are nothing more than ;improved; and expensive Voshkhods. That's what makes this hobby interesting.

This is indeed a sacrilege of highest order in wet shaving world. If you must disown them then only proviso is that you can piff them to a more committed wet shaving brother; like myself!!
BTW i read in another forum that your rank GSBs to me sharper than Polsilvers/Wizamets. On my face and whiskers GSBs are nothing more than ;improved; and expensive Voshkhods. That's what makes this hobby interesting.

PIFfed Polsilvers ... Well a man can dream, can't he? :sleep12:

I do think GSBs are sharper than Pols/Wiz. Actually I've kinda reached the conclusion that GSBs are the sharpest of the Gillette blades excluding the two obvious ultra-sharp ones, Nacet and Perma-Sharp Super, both of which are too much for me. Beyond those two ninja weapons, there's this whole field of sharp-but-not-insanely-sharp Gillette PPI blades - Yellows, Platinums, GSB, Polsilvers, ad infinitum, and over time I guess I've just concluded that the GSB is the sharpest of that crowd. Kind of 1/2 way to the ultra-sharp ones. I really love the GSB for hacking a 3 day growth down to size, and the Pols for daily shaving. Those are my two main blades. I could easily exist with just those two, or either one of them if I had to choose.

I hate Voshkods with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Just goes to show, there is literally no objective reality at all when it comes to razor blades!

Nacet and Perma-Sharp Super, both of which are too much for me.
I really wanted to love nacets but even as a feather/ gillette black/ Polsilver user I just could not make any pact with nacets. Feels like a serrated knife or a leaf rake dragged across my face. I want to try the Perma sharps but having assessed myself for having affinity for blades that are sharp enough (for me) are invariably in premium price range and I have hard time pulling trigger on mid priced blades least they bring mediocre sharpness with them.
Perhaps I will order a sampler pack some day and take it from there.

Trade them for other things you want. They are like a form of currency around here.

Adeelachha-0 is another eBay seller with legit wizamets at decent prices. Earlier this year he sort of disappeared for a couple months and some buyers had to contact eBay to cancel the orders. I was one of them. However, he eventually contacted me and we had a great transaction, he included 40 extra blades. Then I had another good purchase with him later. His feedback since the Great Disappearance is 100% positive. Also, he's in Oregon not Morocco, so the delivery is quick. He runs an actual retail barber shop.

What bay sellers are known? I ordered from a newer guy in Morocco to try some. Are user names here.allowed?

I ordered from ebay seller faima_2870. Also in Morocco. He may have since raised his prices, but at the time had the best deal going, I think. Blades arrived exactly as ordered in about 3 weeks.

I decided a couple years that I just wasn’t going to believe the hype about Polsilvers being discontinued. Plus I was shaving with straights and SEs.

Now I’m back to mostly DEs and saw the pricing on Polsilvers and limited supply. Maybe I was wrong. The best price I could find today was $56 per 200 shipped.

Instead I just ordered the 250 pack of Wizamets from Wizashave for $50.

I decided a couple years that I just wasn’t going to believe the hype about Polsilvers being discontinued. Plus I was shaving with straights and SEs....

They aren't discontinued, but many posters on various forums are incredibly susceptible to the slightest rumor & innuendo and many vendors watch these threads and price accordingly. If people didn't obsess over these then the price would be approx. $15 per 100.

They aren't discontinued, but many posters on various forums are incredibly susceptible to the slightest rumor & innuendo and many vendors watch these threads and price accordingly. If people didn't obsess over these then the price would be approx. $15 per 100.

Indeed. Before the sudden, recent appearance of Wizamet threads right here at B&B, Wiz were always around $45-50 for a sleeve of 250. Now they can occasionally be found for $50 but I see them going for $65-80 mostly.

These showed up from Moracco today. 500 from Dromashop and 500 from shop happy shaving. I’m sitting at 1750 of these blades and think I’m good for a few years. Both orders were placed on Dec. 6th so not to bad
Of a wait.
2401D777-64C4-4D10-BFDD-3404CF5B7367.jpeg

Reactions: edw
These showed up from Moracco today. 500 from Dromashop and 500 from shop happy shaving. I’m sitting at 1750 of these blades and think I’m good for a few years. Both orders were placed on Dec. 6th so not to bad
Of a wait. View attachment 1046191
I get a blade.a.month pretty easy lol, I put an order in through another in Morocco on the 11th. Not even in country yet. Curious how these compare to Feathers.

Top Bottom