What's new

Charles tyrwhitt shirts?

I'm a CT loyalist, for more than a decade now. I generally buy the non-iron because they don't have that plasticky feel that some cheap non-iron shirts have. The regular fabric shirts are great as well, IMO. I have a spray bottle that I keep filled with water, and I soak the shirts pretty heavily before I iron them on hight. I haven't had a big issue with ironing them, and actually enjoy it.
I'm in the slim/extra-slim camp, having a slight build. I'm a 15.5 or 15 in the neck, 33" in the arms, and all the styles fit me well. I buy at least 5 each year (waiting for when they have the 5/$200 sale, which is about twice a year if I remember) sometimes getting them on the Bay when I find a deal. I think they're worth it, but as always, YMMV.

CT is fine. Just know your measurements. You can get a relatively good bargain. For similar price or slightly more, I would opt to get shirts from here: http://www.spierandmackay.com/

The fabric is highly quality IMHO and they have a big following in some other forums. Decent suit prices as well if you are in the market. They are in Canada but shipping to US is pretty reasonable. They also offer MTM shirts at a very nice price as well if you want something a bit more custom fitting without spending $100+ on a shirt.

CT shirts are my go to. I have a dozen of them and going to order more. Extra-slim shirts fit me great. But I can recommend NON-IRON shirts only. TM Lewin and Natty shirts are disposable, comparing to CT. The only regret is, that CT not making 'Black Label' shirts anymore - these shirts were immaculate.

I've been wearing CT non-iron shirts for a few years after having a few Brooks Brothers shirts wear out pretty quickly. They fit me just as well, and last just as long, if not longer than Brooks Brothers. I'm a small build, "extra slim fit" buyer.

When they hit ~$30 a piece, I'll buy a few and throw them in reserve for when a shirt starts getting worn. Sometimes you can snag a shirt and a totally decent tie for ~$40 shipped. BB's Black Friday sale is $50 a piece for 4 shirts, so the savings add up.

With that said, I'd like to try Spier and Mackay, but they don't make my size off the rack.

Very good for the price. The non-iron shirts feel much better than many and they offer a very nice English spread collar.

BUT I have a terrible elbow blowout track record with them. At the price point they aren't bad, but the material is a bit thin contributing to the blow out issues I think.

Very good for the price. The non-iron shirts feel much better than many and they offer a very nice English spread collar.

BUT I have a terrible elbow blowout track record with them. At the price point they aren't bad, but the material is a bit thin contributing to the blow out issues I think.
That's interesting. I've never had that issue with mine, but the cuffs do start to fray after a while. I suppose it depends on what you do while wearing them, body type, etc.

I have between 20 to 30 CT shirts. I usually buy them 4 or 5 at a time when there is a sale. I'm a big guy and I find their non-iron classic fit shirts to be fantastic for my build. They are also exceptionally hard wearing, with my first one easily five years old and still looks great. Nothing CT sells is particularly flashy, but I like that as most of their shirts are rather timeless.

With 30 of their shirts you are not wearing them very often, so it should not be surprising that they aren't wearing out.

With 30 of their shirts you are not wearing them very often, so it should not be surprising that they aren't wearing out.

I bought the bulk of these based on the performance of the first two I owned.

Hey listen, no doubt there are better shirts out there, but I like the fact that I can enter in my size, collar and cuff preferences, and get a hard wearing shirt that looks decent and is reasonably priced.

strop

Now half as wise
Hey listen, no doubt there are better shirts out there, but I like the fact that I can enter in my size, collar and cuff preferences, and get a hard wearing shirt that looks decent and is reasonably priced.

Years ago Land's End had a custom program that you could enter all you rinfo and get a very nic e shirt for a fraction of the MTM price. Sadly both this program and the quality of their shirts are no more.

I have no personal ownership experience, but the name is respected and admired here in Britain. I have been in the shops and the products look nice quality to me, but I only buy in the January sales after Christmas. Nothing worse than buying an item then seeing it for half price 2 weeks later!

I have no personal ownership experience, but the name is respected and admired here in Britain. I have been in the shops and the products look nice quality to me, but I only buy in the January sales after Christmas. Nothing worse than buying an item then seeing it for half price 2 weeks later!

Cyber Monday was great as well. 25% off plus free shipping. 8 quality shirts for $37.50 apiece. I will definitely look for the January sale as well.

Top Bottom