What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

Looks like almost all the level 1 razors are almost gone. Only had 5 left a few minutes ago.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Seems like the maze is a popular handle. No stock for any level in SS, still available in copper and brass though. Ordered a few handles including a maze in brass.

Really? Too bad. I was hoping to see a series 2 vertigo, just like he's done with the torpedoe.

Well, I'm afraid Brian has confirmed this by email the other day. I was asking about the antique brass run in May - this will include a variety of handles (so not just the new unreleased single design) btw. He is planning to use whatever handles are left, treat them and match with the new heads that will be made.

Looks like almost all the level 1 razors are almost gone. Only had 5 left a few minutes ago.

I have been tempted to add a stainless steel Level 1 to my collection for the last few days. Now that I see, in this thread, about things starting to sell out, I bit the bullet and grabbed the Level 1 Bishop before it was gone.

However, I just wanted to clarify that the running count on the sales page applies to complete razors in EACH handle configuration. So, prior to my purchase, there were 5 Level 1 Bishops. Now, there are 4 Level 1 Bishops, but there are still 5 EACH of the other handle configurations remaining, other than Maze, which has completely sold out.

So...there are not 5 stainless steel Level 1 razors remaining, there are 24. Still a limited supply, but not time to panic quite yet:)

Also, since this thread needs some pictures, I thought I would add a quick photo of my current Charcoal lineup...

proxy.php

If I'm stockpiling everything else, why not razors!

Awesome collection there @SaddleSC - which is your favourite handle design?

Thanks! Haha...agreed! As far as handles, my favorite is Stars & Stripes, followed by Hammered, then Maze, then Twin Helix. My least favorite to shave with are the Magnums and the Stinger because they are just too darn heavy for me, but they are so gorgeous that I keep them around just to photograph:)

Good choices. I'd love to get a Stars and Stripes. I'm using the Hammered, just ordered the Maze and the Twin Helix.

Totally agree about the Stinger, too heavy for me and I prefer slimmer handles to be honest. Will most likely sell or trade this for another handle. Hopefully I can track down a bishop in antique brass later on.

Good choices. I'd love to get a Stars and Stripes. I'm using the Hammered, just ordered the Maze and the Twin Helix.

Totally agree about the Stinger, too heavy for me and I prefer slimmer handles to be honest. Will most likely sell or trade this for another handle. Hopefully, I can track down a bishop in antique brass later on.

You are in for a real treat with the Maze and the Twin Helix...both great choices!

I have been tempted to add a stainless steel Level 1 to my collection for the last few days. Now that I see, in this thread, about things starting to sell out, I bit the bullet and grabbed the Level 1 Bishop before it was gone.

However, I just wanted to clarify that the running count on the sales page applies to complete razors in EACH handle configuration. So, prior to my purchase, there were 5 Level 1 Bishops. Now, there are 4 Level 1 Bishops, but there are still 5 EACH of the other handle configurations remaining, other than Maze, which has completely sold out.

So...there are not 5 stainless steel Level 1 razors remaining, there are 24. Still a limited supply, but not time to panic quite yet:)

Also, since this thread needs some pictures, I thought I would add a quick photo of my current Charcoal lineup...

proxy.php

nice collection. Do you notice any major difference between copper and brass (face feel, the way it shaves?) you’ll have to update us on here about the lvl 1, I tired the brass and was too mild and not efficient enough for me. I’m curious if the new design is similar or much better.

nice collection. Do you notice any major difference between copper and brass (face feel, the way it shaves?) you’ll have to update us on here about the lvl 1, I tired the brass and was too mild and not efficient enough for me. I’m curious if the new design is similar or much better.

Thanks, will do! Between copper and brass, I don't really notice much functional difference in use. I have L1, L2, and L3 in copper and rotate them frequently. Overall, I do prefer the copper because it is slightly rarer, looks a bit warmer and I really dig the color, the weight, and the patina. Copper, as a metal, also has certain anti-microbial properties that I think give it the edge when compared to brass

I am really into the concept of a copper razor, having spent some time reading about the anti-microbial effect of copper. I have been using a copper pen recently - which seems kind of sensible in the workplace. A copper razor is like the idea of a self cleaning razor. Unfortunately my expensive DE razor purchases are long behind me. Until I read this thread. Now I'm tempted...
Which copper pen do you use? I have a copper pen that is a joy to use

His website does say that he'll be producing antique brass razors in May. Do you think that's out the window now? I have a copper level 2 razor that I love. If this is really his last gasp, I would get another just to have a backup since I would hate to be without it. Also might get a level 3 if it's my last chance. Who knows, I may someday summon up the courage to actually use it.

His website does say that he'll be producing antique brass razors in May. Do you think that's out the window now?

Hey Music, the antique brass razors are definitely happening. I had an email conversation with Brian a few days ago about them.

Also might get a level 3 if it's my last chance. Who knows, I may someday summon up the courage to actually use it.

I know what you mean, I have a level 3 brass solid bar. Tried one pass and then stopped... will probably try again but in no hurry to do so!

Hey Music, the antique brass razors are definitely happening. I had an email conversation with Brian a few days ago about them.

I know what you mean, I have a level 3 brass solid bar. Tried one pass and then stopped... will probably try again but in no hurry to do so!

Thanks Fed! I'm trying to decide now between the antique brass and the copper/stainless steel level 2 that he just posted on his site. I prefer the copper to the brass because of the shade of the metal (more reddish than yellow) and how soft it feels. Thinking of getting one of those along with a second copper handle - maze or hammered (which is what I have now).

Let me know if you try going back to the level 3 again. I ordered one a few days ago in a panic, but I might end up returning it, I've never used a razor that efficient.

Actually I got the level 3 as part of a set on the BST. I wasn't really planning on owning one. It wasn't painful and no cuts, just not really comfortable on the face. I'm using the level 1 at the moment. The leap from level 2 to 3 is considerable in feel.

Top Bottom