What's new

Cella: why didn't the angels sing for me?!?

My Cella method---- fill the scuttle with real warm water, around 150° put about a teaspoon of Cella in the scuttle and add a small amount of water, maybe about 1/2 teaspoon, soak my Simpson Duke 2, shower, get most of the water out of the brush and start lathering adding small amounts of water as needed to make a thick lather. I like my lather thick as I think it works better with a wet face, which brings the Cella to the correct consistency that I perfer.

One of the things with Cella, and other soft Italian soaps, is that the first couple of lathers don't go perfect right away. Every time I cut off a new chunk from my brick Cella needs a couple of uses before it lathers easily. The soap needs to get some getting wet and dry again it seems to me before it delivers as it should.

Try it some more and take your time. Making lather on the soap itself might improve things a lot too.

The first time I used Cella, I didn't get such a good lather. I did some research and came across the Marco Method, and BAM, huge amounts of slick lather. I love Cella!

One of the things with Cella, and other soft Italian soaps, is that the first couple of lathers don't go perfect right away. Every time I cut off a new chunk from my brick Cella needs a couple of uses before it lathers easily. The soap needs to get some getting wet and dry again it seems to me before it delivers as it should.

+1 This has been my experience with the red tub. First few lathers were weak sauce and then BAM, lather of the face gods.

...My first impression of the Cella smella was cloying, sweet, and strong, filling the bathroom, then the whole first floor of the house. "What's that smell?!?" my wife shouted from her piano. ...

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but frankly the entire post is worth gold JUST for that one comment - I just laughed and laughed!!
Seriously, just load right from the tub, wet but not too wet brush, really load and don't be chinzy, and then face lather - in the meantime your wife should just play louder and louder to drown your cries of pleasure and relief as your lather covers your face.

Top Bottom