What's new

Cats and shaving brushes

I was emailed this pic today. Our cats agree: Why catch mice when the shaving brush fits so well in your mouth?

I found my brush in the study next to an occasionally guilty looking cat one too many times and the brust now rests on the top of the mirror / medicine cabinet. Still, I can't fault the cat; it probably still smells a little of badger.

I'm lucky in the sense that neither of my cats gives me any grief with my brush, which is saying a lot since our kitten is like a goat; she chews almost literally everything that looks interesting.

The brush is probably safe since last time the kitten tried to get up there she ended up falling in the toilet with a rather funny "plop!".

I've been lucky so far, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time since one of our cats is obsessed with the sink and spends an absurd amount of time there!

It's so true. I have to keep my brushes in the medicine cabinet, but they dry slowly there.

I need something like a small pie-safe.

My new kitten doesn't bother the brushes, but always likes to come up and check out all the smells and watch the water when I shave.

Unfortunately I occasionally forget to put her on the sink before I start so I wind up with a cat hanging on my *** by her claws mid-shave. It rather breaks the mood.

My vanity is actually a part of a much larger room where my walk-in closet and office are. This space and the bedroom are shut off from the rest of the house, and is the area in which I keep her. I could, with greater ease, shut her in the bathroom; but as long as I remember, the sink is more than large enough for us both.

There are other reasons which I will not go into, that I have to keep her out of the rest of the house.

My 14 week-old kitten has also appointed himself my official shaving assistant. If I start without him, he makes sure to complain until I lift him onto the counter. Of course, if I don't get the hint soon enough, he has to take matters into his own hands (or claws) and climb my leg to get to the counter.

Thus far, he hasn't shown any interest in the brushes, though.

Can't you tell he wants a shave? Lather that little guy up and BBS him! Only if it's warm where you are, though, or maybe wait until the summer. :biggrin:

The day after I brought home my very first shaving brush, SWMBO informed me that I couldn't leave it sitting out on the counter, because our cats had found a new toy.

She always brings home $5 toys for the cats, and they're always more interested in the aluminum foil, the laser pointer or, apparently, my shaving brush.

That's life at about 3:00AM at my house...the cats are so proud of their "kills"...

In truth, only our youngest has shown interest in shaving brushes. I busted him playing with one of my old ones, which I'd foolishly left on a low shelf. He's well-known for trotting around the house carrying just about anything that will fit in his mouth--coins were very popular for a while. Also an entire pita bread, and one of those padded sweater hangers...

In truth, only our youngest has shown interest in shaving brushes. I busted him playing with one of my old ones, which I'd foolishly left on a low shelf. He's well-known for trotting around the house carrying just about anything that will fit in his mouth--coins were very popular for a while. Also an entire pita bread, and one of those padded sweater hangers...

I "feel your pain". I just chased our youngest out of my desk drawer earlier, which he was pawing through looking for "neat" stuff. He settled for dragging away a grip strengthener as his morning's kill....

I'm forunate. My 2 cats have shown no interest in my brushes. Instead they like to unravel the toilet paper like a hampster running inside of one of those plastic wheels. This usually takes place when they hear me whipping up some lather. Their other great passion is to make off with my Partagas pyramid shaped cigars hanging from their mouth, yes...the cigar is still burning when they do this. Perhaps they would like to join me in a glass of single malt?

Top Bottom