What's new

Casual summer shoes?

try looking at Generic Surplus & Clae for some fun summer sneakers.

http://www.genericsurplus.com/

http://www.clae.com/

I went with these for the season from Generic Surplus:

$SHO-G00_full_01_26.jpg

Last edited:
My friend

Look at Allen Edmunds the Stewart. A nice tan brogue, antique leather.
Nice look with slacks, and jeans.
Just got a pair.
Clarks as well.
Joe Seible does a comfortable, nice shoe.

Nice day
Jimmy

Thank you everyone for your input. As another member pointed out, and which I should have mentioned, I'm a college student, as much as I would like some Alden, or other expensive shoes, I am trying to keep it below $75.

A few people mentioned desert boots/chukkas, and I think that they nailed it!

I'll probably swing by the local Macy's/Nordstroms/DSW to see if any of those guys carry it. Thanks everyone!

I'm looking for a new pair of shoes for the summer, something casual, but still nice. I generally wear converse when wearing jeans/tshirt, but I want something else if I'm wearing a collared shirt. Preferably no Sperry's/boat shoes (I'm in college, those are over done, and only the greek peoples wear them) Any suggestions for styles or brands?

Something you don't like about the Greek Community?? (yeah, I know...he's talking about Fraternities/Sororities)

Something you don't like about the Greek Community?? (yeah, I know...he's talking about Fraternities/Sororities)

Heh, I still remember when looking at colleges, going to an informational seminar (I think it was UVa) and them saying "about 30% of our student population is Greek" and me being utterly perplexed at how many people from Greece there were.

To the OP, Nordstrom has a lot of good looking chukkas/desert boots right now, from their in-store-brand "1901" and Polo brand. Another good one (the brand I have) is L.L. Beans' desert boot. Its very comfortable and has wider widths (my curse).

Not personally. I have quite few friends in Frats/Sororities. That style/persona simply isn't mine, so I would prefer not to wear certain clothing that emulate them. I've also seen a lot of their Sperry's burn out after a few months, my friend has his falling apart after just one summer of use.

And as I said, I generally prefer to not wear something that half the kids on campus are already wearing, it gets boring!

I'm looking for a new pair of shoes for the summer, something casual, but still nice. I generally wear converse when wearing jeans/tshirt, but I want something else if I'm wearing a collared shirt. Preferably no Sperry's/boat shoes (I'm in college, those are over done, and only the greek peoples wear them) Any suggestions for styles or brands?

Check out Olukai's. They are the $hizzle.

Just an update, I bought my shoes!

I went to Nordstrom's, and found/tried on the Clarks Desert Boots, along with similar styles. As with another poster, I found them to fit or look slightly weird on my feet. Went to DSW, and ended up purchasing these:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/sandro+moscoloni+prescott+slip-on?prodId=204146&productRef=SEARCH

Not directly what I was looking for, but they are bar none the most comfortable shoes that I own. Most importantly, they go well with simple jeans and a button down, which was pretty much what I was looking for. Nothing too flashy or stylish, but they're good for me! I was worried that it would look slightly old, instead of modern (21 year old) but they actually wear quite well.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

On second thought, I'm going to return the shoes. Took a look at them this morning, and I want something a bit more interesting. Quite like a pair of Oxfords, in a suede gray. Hm, we'll see where this shoe adventure leads me!

+1 for Sanuks! By far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I've had the original sidewalk surfers which are super casual, and now have the scurvy's which I love.

You've obviously never owned Olukai's :thumbup: jk, Sanuk's are great too! And those Tom's are interesting...you have me thinking about ordering a pair of the campus/UF for gamedays! I like their idea of giving a pair for every pair purchased.

What about sperry canvas shoes? Variety of styles/colors, and the siping and 'look' are still 'Sperry' without being trite.

Bucks? Nice suede white bucks are pretty cool, and go great with jeans all the time.

Nothing wrong with looking like a Greek, eh? ;)

Top Bottom