What's new

Can't shave without scarring myself

To be constructive, I would try a few different blades. Feather is sharp, but, it is not smooth on my face. The big thing though is technique. I echo others saying raise your handle a bit and short, light strokes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Excellent advice above!

This is most likely a technical issue. I would emphasize:
1. Consider a different blade. Feathers are very sharp, but unforgiving. I suggest you work through a blade sampler pack or two.
2. Be sure you are maintaining an optimal razor angle.
3. NO pressure!

Stick with this and you will get the results you want!

What do you mean by impurities? and I'm 21, I barely had pimples on my face growing up..
It's not related, this is what i'm trying to say..

I had a lot of acne during my teen so I had scars regardless of shaving. But that aside...

I'd say give a bit of break between the shaves. Don't shave daily but maybe couple days in between. Also, keep the gentle touch and don't go over an area too much. If you see some hair left, leave it for another pass. No need to keep buffing out areas. Also, change out razors/blades to see if they agree with your skin or not. Sometimes, you need to experiment with your shaving gears to find a good fit.

I will try that for sure, do you think the angle is right?
The angle is very important, I'd say
Angle is the most important thing too
Get correct, and your angle is to steep
Try lifting the handle for a more shallow
Angle. See if that helps.

Leaf Razor, gives a good comfortable shave. No weepers for me in over a year of daily use and I'm on blood thinners.

Most of us started shaving as teenagers, the ones that started with de razors either learned from a family member or on there own. No matter how we learned it did not take long to figure out what we were doing wrong. Maybe this guy should put his razor down and wait a while to think about his next move.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
@DorN welcome to B&B. I take it English is your second language?
Try not shaving for a day or two to give it time to heal. You may be cutting that area due to not stretching it properly. Some guys puff their cheeks out or open their mouth to stretch their skin etc. Be careful around that spot to use very light pressure. Maybe try shaving across that area, so not to open it up while it heals.

Hope that helps.

Try a less sharp set of blades like Voskhod or Gillette Silver Blue. Hell, anything except a Feather. Every time I use a Feather there’s blood, no matter how careful I am, so don’t feel bad. Many love them, maybe they’re just not for you.

What soap are you using? Getting a good slick protective lather is just as important, if not more, than the blade itself.

Hey, I'd try a mid-field blade (an Astra SP, or an Isreali Personna).

Some people really will be bell-curve outliers; it's rather unlikely that you or I will be.

Starting out with Feathers really isn't a good bet.

To be constructive, I would try a few different blades. Feather is sharp, but, it is not smooth on my face.

++.

If you are in the US, private message me your mailing address and I will mail you a handful of Rapira Platinum Lux blades. These are some of the smoothest blades I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I appreciate all your comments! You are really kind people,
but I will go back to Electric shaver since I scar my face every time I try to shave properly,
and I just have fear and terrible shave overall.

It's just not for me I guess. Wet shave with electric shaver is the same preparation?
And if someone has recommendation for E shaver which I assume that not, but worth the try.

Thank you so much :>

sain my opinion, angle is important but secondary to pressure.riemento said :

You can also try most blades to find "your blade".

Top Bottom