What's new

Can't shave without scarring myself

Hey, I'm using DE razor with shaving soap, feather blades, synth brush

I shaved with Gillette Pro Before and Braun electric razor too, the reason I wanted to switch for these two is because

My face got a scar from time to time using them, So I read about safer solution for my skin, and came to DE Razor.

Now after 1 month of using it, I multiplied the scars that I had..

When i'm shaving, I don't feel any pain nor using pressure or taking fast strokes..actually it's super slow and most relaxed I can be, I don't feel the cut when it happens!

I just wash my face and I see small holes appearing on my face.. so frustrating, I don't know what I'm doing wrong..

It's like my only option rn is to grow a beard which I don't want.

Please If someone experienced same thing, help me.

Maybe something less sharp than the Feathers. You were using Derby. Why the switch? Were you cutting yourself with them too?

Yeah, they gave me bad shave(cutting the hair just at the 4 pass) and gave me tiny holes in my face..
really don't know what to do really, maybe it's the shaving soap? how can I know if it's bad or not?

You should go and get checked out by a dermatologist,
I myself never heard of your condition.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

When i'm shaving, I don't feel any pain nor using pressure or taking fast strokes..actually it's super slow and most relaxed I can be, I don't feel the cut when it happens!

I just wash my face and I see small holes appearing on my face.. so frustrating, I don't know what I'm doing wrong..
I think you are probably talking about weepers; here is an old thread about it, Weeper - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/weeper.48677/
Weepers are due to poor technique so work on that aspect. Perhaps you are pressing too hard or you blade angle is wrong or both. Here is some guidance on blade angle, Blade Angle | Badger & Blade .Correct blade angle and light pressure should help.

Hey, I'm using DE razor with shaving soap, feather blades, synth brush

I shaved with Gillette Pro Before and Braun electric razor too, the reason I wanted to switch for these two is because

My face got a scar from time to time using them, So I read about safer solution for my skin, and came to DE Razor.

Now after 1 month of using it, I multiplied the scars that I had..

It's like my only option rn is to grow a beard which I don't want.

Please If someone experienced same thing, help me.
Try reducing the hair instead of chasing a BBS. If you're getting a lot of scars, you might be using too much pressure or going over an area too much. Keep your shave to 1 or 2 passes and see if you can shave without irritating your skin. To make it extreme, see if you can just do 1 pass shave and leave it at that.

Did you mention which razor are you using with the Feather blades?
Edwin DE89

Sir Dorn, can you post a photo of how you hold the razor handle when you shave?

IMG_20191112_225314.jpg Screenshot_1.png

hope it helps.. I circled the holes so people can understand better what I mean, no blood, no weird color or anything..

Try reducing the hair instead of chasing a BBS. If you're getting a lot of scars, you might be using too much pressure or going over an area too much. Keep your shave to 1 or 2 passes and see if you can shave without irritating your skin. To make it extreme, see if you can just do 1 pass shave and leave it at that.

I'm not chasing a BBS.. everytime I think that I'm done with the shave, I wash my face, see a new hole, see that I've leftovers hairs that my blade missed and I just get depressed tbh.. I just don't know how to do it and I watched 80 videos on youtube.

If I do 1 pass, It doesn't do anything.. it's like I didn't shaved..and i'm so gentle with the strokes, because I really afraid to shave and get scarred again and again tbh.

ok thanks.
try this approach.
use only two fingers on the razor handle.
and use fingertips.
this is to keep you from putting too much pressure on the razor head.

in my opinion, angle is important but secondary to pressure.
that said, best angle, for you initially, might be keeping razor head as flat as possible against skin.
don't worry about closeness, just avoid weepers.

in my opinion, angle is important but secondary to pressure.
that said, best angle, for you initially, might be keeping razor head as flat as possible against skin.
don't worry about closeness, just avoid weepers.

As flat as possible you mean like that?

proxy.php

not sure how it will work, I've a rough middle eastern stubble haha ^^

Edwin DE89

View attachment 1034277 View attachment 1034278

hope it helps.. I circled the holes so people can understand better what I mean, no blood, no weird color or anything..

I'm not chasing a BBS.. everytime I think that I'm done with the shave, I wash my face, see a new hole, see that I've leftovers hairs that my blade missed and I just get depressed tbh.. I just don't know how to do it and I watched 80 videos on youtube.

If I do 1 pass, It doesn't do anything.. it's like I didn't shaved..and i'm so gentle with the strokes, because I really afraid to shave and get scarred again and again tbh.
I can't really see the scars but it looks more like bumps or pimples? I don't think it's much of an issue but your face is bound to have some impurities. I still have pimples and acne scars but shaving doesn't really leave any scars for me. Even the worst weepers close up pretty well.

Brother Dor, here's the drill:

Proper preshave skin prep, such as a preshave shower
Light pressure
Try raising the handle slightly for proper angle. Your picture shows the handle a little bit low IMO.
Slow gentle short strokes.
Proper lubrication with a cushioned lather
Try a cold water shave. By cold water I don't mean ice cubes. I mean cool to neutral temperature water.

Failing all that, I'd go back to an electric shaver, or perhaps grow a beard. Maybe wet shaving is not for you. Are you aware that Feather blades are known as the sharpest blades on Earth? Some newbies can't use them.

Wait. You say you got scars also from using an electric razor??? Something does not compute. Respectfully, you woulndn't be a troll, would you?

Last edited:
I can't really see the scars but it looks more like bumps or pimples? I don't think it's much of an issue but your face is bound to have some impurities. I still have pimples and acne scars but shaving doesn't really leave any scars for me. Even the worst weepers close up pretty well.

What do you mean by impurities? and I'm 21, I barely had pimples on my face growing up..
It's not related, this is what i'm trying to say..

Brother Dor, here's the drill:

Proper preshave skin prep, such as a preshave shower
Light pressure
Try raising the handle slightly for proper angle. Your picture shows the handle a little bit low IMO.
Slow gentle short strokes.
Proper lubrication with a cushioned lather
Try a cold water shave. By cold water I don't mean ice cubes. I mean cool to neutral temperature water.

Failing all that, I'd go back to an electric shaver, or perhaps grow a beard. Maybe wet shaving is not for you. Are you aware that Feather blades are known as the sharpest blades on Earth? Some newbies can't use them.

Wait. You say you got scars also from using an electric razor??? Something does not compute. Respectfully, you woulndn't be a troll, would you?

About the angle, there is a lot of opinions about it, don't know what to choose rn..
Also I read that people saying that slow strokes isn't good, and smooth=faster strokes, is it true?

Yeah, I got scarred too by E razor not the same amount as blade razors but did, a lot of shave bumps, bad shave.
I was at the army so I had no choice but to shave everyday unfortunately, alot of pulling hair.

Braun 3040s, Philips 5050, philips at790.. I wish I was a troll.

You might want to try "riding the cap". It means shaving in an angle where the top cap of the razor is touching your skin. I think this is what @sarimento1 is saying.
Essentially you want the razor blade to be almost parallel to your skin - just enough angle to contact and cut.

Top Bottom