What's new

Can't I just dip my toe into straight-shaving just to *try* it? PIF #6

great explanation, now I know what to tell people "it's not JUST a Gold Dollar!"

and on another note....you are telling us that all those straights from that link used to be plain ole Gold Dollars?!!? :eek2:

Pretty crazy ain't it? Got some talent around here.

Thanks for the explanation about grinding the shoulders. You went all out, with the diagram and a thorough description. Thanks!

Krodor - very cool PIF, well actually, series of PIFs. I'd love to try a straight, so I'm in for the third razor as it's now a "custom" :). Happy Holidays to all.!

Gonna call this closed in 2 hours...1:30 PM Eastern Time 12/24.

Give time to get everything ready with the fam here...I'll try to get the stuff in the mail Wednesday.

Last edited:
Count me in! I'll try for the first one. Why have I developed this dark curiosity about putting a deadly sharp open blade to my own throat? B & B does it again.........

Why have I developed this dark curiosity about putting a deadly sharp open blade to my own throat? B & B does it again.........

Because it makes shaving even more personal/individualized than a DE?

I think the standard answer is "chicks dig scars", but I actually cut myself more with a DE. And they were better than the cheap carts I was using.

All done! So here's the deal. Random.org told me to randomize the list

$Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at [12-24-12] 1.34.49 PM.png

times. So I did
$Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at [12-24-12] 1.35.46 PM.png

and at the top of the list is….
$Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at [12-24-12] 1.35.58 PM.png

Yay! Deerock won! So, given your pick, you'll be getting the one in the first picture.

Which leaves the other two to WoodNUFC and DevinLT1966. I told random.org to choose for me, and I figured I'd flip a Gold (50) Dollar (HA! Oh, how I slay myself) coin for them for the middle one...Wood if heads, Devin if tails.
$Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at [12-24-12] 1.50.05 PM.jpg

So that's what'll happen, DevinLT1966 gets the middle one, WoodNUFC gets the bottom/rescaled one. If the three of you please PM me your snail-mail addresses, I'll package them up and get them in the mail on Wednesday.

Now the super-extra-surprise that even I didn't realize until last night: I went through my spreadsheet tracker and found that if you include this 6th round, there were 5 more folks who had entered 5 times.
  • barnstormer
  • chuckenfoot
  • deerock
  • CB1
  • mvk

So it took 5 times, but Deerock finally came out on top this time...weird. Random for sure, but I guess law of averages and all.... Anyway, 4 others tried 5 times too. Well, that's just not fair, is it? I know it's changing the rules I made, but it's my PIF, I get to do what I want. Though I don't have any more GD's in hand right now, I ordered a few a week or two ago that will arrive within a month or so. To try to eek out one last giveaway as a nod to the rest of the 5-entry folks, I took the non-winning folks from the list above, into random.org I went, and did the same thing (3 times, like before):
$Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at [12-24-12] 1.39.34 PM.jpg

mvk came out on top, so you win too! Sorry for the rest of the 5-time triers, I gotta draw the line eventually. :) Mvk, if you're still up for it at that time, I'll prep one for you and send it off when the time comes, ok?

Thanks for the fun, folks, and may the Peace of the season be with you all.

Krodor

Ohhhh.. so close! Some day :) Thanks anyway for the great PIF Krodor! Congratulations to all the winners and Happy Holidays!

Top Bottom