What's new

Canadian Football League 2021

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
T’is.

Might be the last Argo game in Ontario. I can honestly say I only know the quarterback’s name and no other players. I haven’t been watching CFL much this year.
The CFL is hurting. If the Argos go to the XFL the CFL is finished. I think it's so strange that Canadians have lost interest in Canadian football. I'd rather watch football played under CFL rules to the NFL rules any day of the week.

The CFL is hurting. If the Argos go to the XFL the CFL is finished. I think it's so strange that Canadians have lost interest in Canadian football. I'd rather watch football played under CFL rules to the NFL rules any day of the week.
It’s a much quicker game and fun to watch for sure.

The CFL management team are a bunch of morons. The Argos were only getting 6-8K fans in the stands. Hard to pay the bills with that. It’s still popular in the West, but dying in the east.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It’s a much quicker game and fun to watch for sure.

The CFL management team are a bunch of morons. The Argos were only getting 6-8K fans in the stands. Hard to pay the bills with that. It’s still popular in the West, but dying in the east.
From the little I've read (a few articles by Damien Cox in the Star) it doesn't help that Maple Leaf Sports Group is in charge. They appear more eager to dump the Argos then to make a financial investment that could turn it around. The pandemic really hurt cash strapped Canadian sports clubs.

From the little I've read (a few articles by Damien Cox in the Star) it doesn't help that Maple Leaf Sports Group is in charge. They appear more eager to dump the Argos then to make a financial investment that could turn it around. The pandemic really hurt cash strapped Canadian sports clubs.
They are losing millions a year and the Argos truly are a 3rd class team in the eyes of the beancounters at MLSE. Hard to compete with their sister teams Raptors and Leafs as well.

I honestly did not know the CFL still existed. I agree it's a faster game than the four down NFL, which I assume still exists also.

Top Bottom