What's new

Can Only?

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
If I'm in a hurry and just want "a shave" I will grab the Barbasol. If I want to enjoy the experience it's brush and soap.

I used Gillette Foamy, Edge gel and Barbasol regular for years when I used carts. When I found B&B I stopped using the canned stuff, but I bought a few cans of Barbasol in the 100 year anniversary cause they looked cool and have used it from time to time. Overall, it definitely works but I don't like the face feel as much as I do with my soaps.
Which is my experience too, if you add in "as much as I do with soaps and creams." Every now and then I go for what I call a Fifites Shave, with my Tech or Super Speed, Barbasol, and Clubman aftershave. Usually I do it when I am working on a 24- or 36-hour beard. The combo would probably be fine on a 48-hour growth, but I haven't done that.

I've tried the canned foam and even the gel and along with the Two to Five Blade Cartridge razors they found their way to the trash. So enough of the easy way of shaving and thanks to the razor burn ingrowns and rashes, no-thanks and back to the good old brush soap and DE/SE shaving.

Top Bottom