What's new

Can anyone tell me more about this Friedr. Ditzer straight razor i picked up ?

I picked this up last week and have been trying to find information about the manufacturer or the date but the only things i could find was one of the same maker listed as from the 20's and someone on this forum finding a 7 day set 10 years ago.

Are these scales celluloid ?
The inside is just solid blue, it almost looks like the pattern it was printed or hydro dipped on.
In case it is celluloid, does anyone know how it was made ?

The pins look really nice, can those be dated ?
VBU0COB.jpg
OQAmUFg.jpg
0G4Uq5x.jpg
45qV2Mw.jpg

Looks like a rescaled razor. Not celluloid . Most likely resin ,kirinite etc . Modern formula .
Not sure who but I too have a beautiful 7 day set of Ditzer razors in green with nice blade etches. No info on the company though. Sorry

Thanks for the info, at least i know about the scales now and i think it was your set that i saw.

Would that scale be of a more recent "ditzer gold" or was it made on purpose with the lettering for this specific razor ?

It came in the typical old fashioned almost black patterned paper covered cartboard box but it had no name on it, just a pattern so that might not have been the original box...

I could be all wrong but the scales don’t really seem to match the condition of the blade somehow. They may be original scales for all I know.
I’ve made scales where I used the logo from an old set of scales and applied them to a new set.
The pins look old , but here too I could duplicate that too.
The scales could be old and were polished up and the blade left as is without breaking down the razor.
But like I said. Somehow the two just don’t seem to relate.
I’m only looking at a pic on my phone not with a razor in hand.
Sorry. I’m only going on an initial hunch.
Blade looks older and aged. Scales look too new.
Just not 100 percent sure.
Yup. No help.

Last edited:
You have helped.

I had no idea it was possible to duplicate the logo.

And now i know a typical vintage razor doesn't look like this but i'm not too worried about that, i'd rather have a good vintage blade with nice new scales then the other way around :D

Top Bottom