SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-R_2021-01-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: TFS Mattino
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC [on custom Olive Wood handle]
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A super shave. :biggrin:

Today's mail brought a very early Christmas present in the form of TFS Mattino shaving soap. Another great performing TFS soap with a pleasant fresh scent... it's just a tad on the flowery side for me though. (TFS Mandarino Tachibana has the best scent of any shaving soap I've tried so far.) Several hours post-shave I'm still smelling the somewhat heady mix of Mattino and Clubman VIBR.

The Personna Red felt way sharper today. I've no idea what caused that, but I've certainly got no objection to my blades getting sharper in use. :001_smile

Today's team was great, and of course all the players perform better when their team mates are on top form. I can only say that the team manager is highly chuffed. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-Y_2021-01-24.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A top class shave. :biggrin:

Back to my first (and probably favorite) TFS shaving soap and aftershave today. Simple and excellent (IMO of course).

I have a feeling that the Timeless will be on that podium by the end of my next shave. :yesnod:

SOTD
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-G_2021-01-26.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

I'm really enjoying the five items (above) and think I might stick with them for a while... to help me dial in the magnificent Timeless a bit better.

SOTD
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-B_2021-01-27.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (8)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:

(As usual) all the team performed very nicely, including the new member. Clubman ASL.

Before today the only Clubman I'd used was VIBR. The last time I used Clubman VIBR was Friday. Purely by chance I happened upon the Every Friday is Clubman Friday thread just after that shave, so I posted my SOTD there. After a little more reading I discovered that the thread was intended for the original Clubman ASL. I PMd David @never-stop-learning to ask him about its scent — he obliged in excellent detail and I purchased a 50ml bottle straight away (unaccustomed as I am to doing such things :001_rolle).

My new small bottle of Clubman ASL arrived this morning. On sniffing it the top notes were quite pleasant, but applying it post-shave was a different (and very satisfying) experience. My instant first thought was "So THIS is what a barbershop scent smells like, GREAT."

So much for me sticking to yesterday's five shaving items. But I do think I'll go on a mini Fixed Four (meaning I can choose any ASL I feel like).

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
One Blade in February (OBIF) is back up next month.

Having wantonly discarded so many perfectly good blades recently, I decided it was time to "get real" again. :letterk1:

Will any of you guys be joining in?

Probably not me. Whether it's due to cold water shaving, not using Mitchell's, or something else entirely, blades don't seem to be lasting me as long lately. I'm not concerned, as I still have in the region of 600 blades, which I think will see me through my time on this rock. It does however mean that one blade in Feb would likely be an unpleasant ordeal. I'm currently going through two to three blades a month, depending on what blade I draw from the tub. Just had to load a fresh one after today's shave, and it doesn't seem more than a week since I put the last one in.

Not I. Way too green yet.
I'm guessing that you didn't read "the rules" in the OP.

Personally I think it would be good for you. If you found you couldn't go the distance with one blade, simply use more of the same (make and model of) blade (one blade, two blades, three blades... who's counting?).

If you do go for it, use the blade you've been happiest with to date. Also, stopping all the chopping and changing improves technique. Start simple. You'll know when your technique has improved, and it's only then you should consider following the white rabbit.

Enough ranting from me. But I will say, ignore me and just do what you think is right in your heart (not in your head) and you won't go far wrong.

Well, that sounds a lot like good advice. I've no doubt that's the direct route to technical proficiency. My problem is I'm still having way too much fun trying out new blades each time and either detecting or imagining the differences. Probably some day I'll need to do exactly as advised, but the fun exploration I'm enjoying makes it feel like I'm not wasting my time too terribly. Hopefully I learn a few things even while flitting around.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
One Blade in February (OBIF) is back up next month.

Having wantonly discarded so many perfectly good blades recently, I decided it was time to "get real" again. :letterk1:

Will any of you guys be joining in?
It all depends if my 100 lot of New Gillette Platinums arrive from Razor Blade Club in time. They're my recently ordered new rabbit hole edition. So far, it's looking like they won't be here by Feb 1rst. I'm a bit burned out on waiting after my Sabbatical run, so when they arrive I'm using them straight away. :letterk1:

SOTD
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-K_2021-01-28_2.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (9)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A fine shave. :biggrin:
Very nice, with some eye-watering chill to finish off with. :osage:

SOTD
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-W_2021-01-29.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (10)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
It was one of those low-effort/high-awareness shaves. High accuracy + less pressure = more whiskers removed. :smartass:

SOTD :001_wub:
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-R_2021-01-30.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Barbacco
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (11)

Another excellent shave. :biggrin:
Rasozero soap number two sneaked in today. I love it (especially at £3.60 per tub). What was that about a Fixed Four? :letterk1:

Last edited:
SOTD :001_wub:
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-Y_2021-01-31.jpg

Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (12)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another fine shave. :biggrin:
I wonder if I have the willpower to stick to this Fixed Four for a while. Two days in so far. :letterk1: :laugh:

Last edited:
OBIF SOTD #1 :001_wub:

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-G_2021-02-01.jpg

Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)

A super shave. :biggrin:

The Personna Red (as most folk called it five years back) instantly became my benchmark blade from first use in December 2015. My blades and I have been round the block a few times since then. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to the old tried and true for this 2021 OBIF.

Last edited:
Top Bottom