SOTD-L-B_2021-07-26.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Agrumi del Mediterraneo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (3)
ASL 1: Orange FREEZE [home brew]
ASL 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
BUT, the Bignoli Agrumi smelled yuck (to quote/paraphrase Al @AimlessWanderer, "a mixture of citrus and 'baby sick'").

The Orange FREEZE ASL, although only having a single scent, didn't tone the nauseous Agrumi down any. I rushed out of the bathroom and grabbed my Clubman Whiskey Woods… SUCCESS, KILLED IT! :whistling:

I really enjoy the Bignoli Licorice and Mint shaving soap. The reason for my second purchase was to see if their other soaps were as good... and I picked the Agrumi as citrus is usually a safe bet with any soap for me, BIG MISTAKE. The shaving soap itself is excellent (just like the Licorice and Mint one) but the citrus scent is atrocious (to me).

I was also looking for another of their soaps with a less polarizing scent than the Licorice and Mint (which is great, but not an every day choice). Unfortunately for me the Agrumi was just as polarizing, but in a bad way (unlike the Licorice and Mint).

I suspect my next shave will be with one of my trusty (and relatively scent safe) TFS shaving soaps. :yesnod:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD
Mk2+PH-K_2021-07-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Mk2 Fatip on prototype lightweight [13g] handle
Blade: Personna Red (4)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A super shave. :biggrin:

The Mk2 Fatip was fab and its prototype lightweight handle was pretty damn good. It's one of the original Mk2s with a 19mm wide cap (vs. the Mk1 18mm cap). The later ones seem to keep growing (up to ~19.6mm AFAIK).

SOTD
Mk2+PH-W_2021-07-30.jpg

Razor: Mk2 Fatip on prototype lightweight [13g] handle
Blade: Personna Red (5)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have the best kit (for me).

So how many items are in that very top tier, Cal?

We know there's at least two brushes, and I think three or four razors were rather closely matched, if I remember correctly. Maybe slightly more in the way of soap, I believe.

So how many items are in that very top tier, Cal?
Well, you do know that I can be kinda fickle in my shaving gear love life. :001_wub: :letterk1:

But CURRENTLY:

BRUSHES:
1= Semogue Mistura 22/49 C3-Torga
1= Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
(I have another brush in transit which I believe may be joining the above two.)

SOAPS:
1. TFS Mandarino Tachibana
2. La Toja (both the stick [pressed into a tub] and the cream [in the tube])
3. LEA Mentholated Cream (in the tube)

RAZORS:
1. RazoRock Lupo 95
2. Early Mk2 Fatip OC (19mm cap)
3. Gillette Old Type (1920s)
4. Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25

BLADES:
1. Personna Red (that's it)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Well, you do know that I can be kinda fickle in my shaving gear love life. :001_wub: :letterk1:

But CURRENTLY:

BRUSHES:
1= Semogue Mistura 22/49 C3-Torga
1= Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
(I have another brush in transit which I believe may be joining the above two.)

SOAPS:
1. TFS Mandarino Tachibana
2. La Toja (both the stick [pressed into a tub] and the cream [in the tube])
3. LEA Mentholated Cream (in the tube)

RAZORS:
1. RazoRock Lupo 95
2. Early Mk2 Fatip OC (19mm cap)
3. Gillette Old Type (1920s)
4. Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25

BLADES:
1. Personna Red (that's it)

So basically, anything you've used fairly recently, that didn't smell of liquorice or baby sick 🤣

What happened to the super cheap, flyweight razor, that looked like it was made out of old minced pie cases, that some fat geezer with a very dimpled arse had sat on? Wasn't that top of the heap before the Lupo? Did it dissolve already? :lol:

I confess, I did have a chuckle at you having found the two very best brushes ever known to mankind, or at least part of the West Midlands, and then buying something else entirely. Nothing seems to spur you on to a shopping spree more, than finding something you really like.

"This is absolutely the very best "X" I've ever used! It's simply perfect! I'll buy four other things, and use them instead!" 😆

So basically, anything you've used fairly recently, that didn't smell of liquorice or baby sick 🤣
The licorice is fine, it's the baby sick I don't like.
What happened to the super cheap, flyweight razor, that looked like it was made out of old minced pie cases, that some fat geezer with a very dimpled arse had sat on? Wasn't that top of the heap before the Lupo? Did it dissolve already? :lol:
The YUMA YM-403 is a great razor. It just sunk below my top faves... it could resurface any time. :yesnod:
I confess, I did have a chuckle at you having found the two very best brushes ever known to mankind, or at least part of the West Midlands, and then buying something else entirely. Nothing seems to spur you on to a shopping spree more, than finding something you really like.
Well, isn't that a normal reaction? :001_unsur
Normal? :facep:
"This is absolutely the very best "X" I've ever used! It's simply perfect! I'll buy four other things, and use them instead!" 😆
I'd hate to lose my BOSC membership. :letterk1:

SOTD
SOTD-L-Y_2021-08-01.jpg

Soap: La Toja
Blade: Personna Red (7)
ASL: Hogwarts Express [home brew]

A superb shave. :biggrin:
This shave was a fresh seaside experience followed by a trip on the steam train (locomotive). I'm still on the train. 🚂

Today was another early Christmas. :clap:

Here's my present (to me) just out of the box, the new-kid-on-the-block:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-1_­2021-08-03.jpg

Then after a shave preparation clean:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-2_­2021-08-03.jpg

I love the Semogue Torga shape, so when I spotted Shavemac's "120" I had to have it. I went with my favorite 20mm knot but increased the loft a tad to 48mm to boost the flow-through.

SOTD
SOTD-L-G_2021-08-03.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/48 Silvertip 2-Band [new-kid-on-the-block]
Blade: Personna Red (8)

A fabulous shave. :biggrin:
The superb new-kid-on-the-block joins the A-Team. Unless it was a first shave fluke, the new Shavemac is my all-time-favorite!

Top Bottom