What's new

Buying a razor...

To address an earlier question, one of the differences between a full hollow and a 1/4 hollow grind is that the full hollow is easier to sharpen but won't maintain its edge anywhere near as long, where as the 1/4 hollow will be more difficult to sharpen because you have to remove more steel, but it will retain its edge for a lot longer than the full hollow.

Ultimately, its personal preference but you can get a fantastic shave from either.

I'm trying to control the RAD and next thing I know, I'm following the links in this thread thinking, yeah! that sounds great! 1/4 hollow Le Grelot, that's for me. Brush recommendation too, sure why not?

Fortunately, I'm not married so I don't have a wife, but I do have a girlfriend who looks at my stuff and claims I have more shaving paraphanalia than she does makeup.

Which does bring me to asking if anyone has one of the communist era Wapencia razors? I have a Soviet paratroopers watch and the two would look good in a picture together. Boy, is that stretching the envelope for buy a razor? I don't even own a digital camera.

Top Bottom