What's new

Bulldog Under The Radar

I wouldn't call 11 bids slipping under the radar.
I wouldn't have paid $55 for it either.
Best way to get 1 on the cheap is if it hidden in a lot of razors, that how I got mine.

Well, it certinaly was beneath some radars. And that was a very good price, I'd have gladly paid that much for it. And if it was listed on it's own as a Bulldog, I expect it would have gone MUCH higher. But I've gotten a lot of great deals hidden in lots too, as Bob suggests.

I was in on the bidding for a while but it got too pricy considering 2 pictures and nothing to show the othersides gap.

Well, it certinaly was beneath some radars. And that was a very good price, I'd have gladly paid that much for it. And if it was listed on it's own as a Bulldog, I expect it would have gone MUCH higher. But I've gotten a lot of great deals hidden in lots too, as Bob suggests.

It was under MY radar;

I would have paid that much (oh, yah!) -

Are you seeing as many decent lots on dbay anymore?

It was under MY radar;

I would have paid that much (oh, yah!) -

Are you seeing as many decent lots on dbay anymore?
I haven't been watching the lots as closely, as my collection has rounded out pretty well. I still have dozens of "run of the mill" vintage razors that need to be cleaned up, tested and dealt with (some will likely be PIF'd and some sold). These mostly came from cases I needed or lots. Bought several lots for one razor or case included. Keep in mind, I just started collecting in September.

I do still see a number of them that seem to be good deals, just usually not any real "special" razors usually (oh, but they will be along, and someone will snag great deals that way!). For someone beginning a collection, I still think it's a GREAT way to go.

My last nice "surprise" was a lot I went after primarily for one case/razor I spotted in it. It was a very nice Sheraton Case (I'd already found a great deal on a decent case thanks to a heads up from Amishmotorboat, but this case was even nicer). In the case was an Old Type. Turned out to be a gold Empire Pattern ABC in pretty nice shape. And I happened across a nice correct Empire pattern case a couple weeks later (not in a lot, sold empty). Great deal on the set over all.

Top Bottom