What's new

Brushes Raise the Stubble - I disagree

Hmm lifting, dunno

My thoughts are that the swirling motion of the brush works the lather all around, under and to the base of the hair more effectively than merely smearing on with your fingers.

Hence more effective lubrication for the blade.

Great response Dave! I’m slightly annoyed I didn’t think of adding the mechanical lifting via skin pull aspect to my post as well. I will add though, for any who might not know, that pulling the skin to raise the follicles while shaving ATG is a great way to cause in-growns especially if you are prone to them or are of black descent. My only recommendation regarding that is when pulling the skin for an ATG pass, try to just keep the skin just taught enough to prevent bunching up. Good slickness will reduce the need for over pulling the skin.
Respectfully YMMV 😀

Fortunately, I never had ingrowns in my life, nor any sort of skin "condition" or irregularity. I'm just an average middle-aged guy with regular skin and I guess strong facial hair, as it's both dense and tick. I shave ATG every single time and I stretch the skin always, as otherwise I could not obtain a BBS. For me, if it's not a BBS it's a wasted effort. So, to each his own...

Well that goes without being said haha. I should just make that part of my signature. You’re a very blessed man. I rarely get ingrowns on my face yet I still seem to cut through the few that have been lingering since my teens.

Top Bottom