What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Brush Acquisition Thread

Sweet brush, Brian. The Shavemac 2 band suits that handle. Congrats.
Thanks. Rudy made it come out better than I ever expected. I always loved the handle (Rooney was making T&H handles and knots back when I bought it), but once I started using 2-band Thater brushes, my 3-band brushes were banished to the basement box. I had been wanting for years to try a Shavemac 2-band knot and now I have one in one of my favorite handles. I did a couple of palm lathers like I do with new brushes and it's blooming very nicely.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Contributor
Vendor
Thanks. Rudy made it come out better than I ever expected. I always loved the handle (Rooney was making T&H handles and knots back when I bought it), but once I started using 2-band Thater brushes, my 3-band brushes were banished to the basement box. I had been wanting for years to try a Shavemac 2-band knot and now I have one in one of my favorite handles. I did a couple of palm lathers like I do with new brushes and it's blooming very nicely.
I think I have now 8 or 9 brushes with the two-band silvertip, in my opinion, there is not any better hair out there.
I have both fans and bulbs, and both shapes are great with the hair.

I finally set my first knot, a 24mm TGN Grade A silvertip, in my Oz Shaving handle, and I think I'm really gonna like the way it turned out. One washer put it at about 50-52mm (closer to 52mm I think-- don't have calipers yet), which was enough to give the knot sufficient freedom. I didn't want to go any higher in loft with a 24mm. After twenty four hours to cure the epoxy, I shampooed it twice and test lathered, and I love its properties so far. It's got good density, so it has a nice medium backbone and splays really nicely. Obviously, I have to use it tomorrow, and I can't wait!

20200526_201012.jpg

Bargained my first 3-band silvertip from auction site. Unbelievably soft tips, even compared to my 2-band Thater. This thing is way bigger than expected, but I love the geometry of the huge handle. Now I have a trendy 28-30mm knot. Splayed incredibly after a soak and test lather. Bottom coin says Shore Shave. Can’t wait to feel it on my face!

7D81A68F-80E7-4FDE-A6CE-6C0281C281FE.jpeg

The L6 knots are great. have the 26 and it in my top 5 and I have close to 20 brushes most of which are Paladin's. Ken and Cody are a pleasure to work with.

Top Bottom