What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Sweet brush, Brian. The Shavemac 2 band suits that handle. Congrats.

Thanks. Rudy made it come out better than I ever expected. I always loved the handle (Rooney was making T&H handles and knots back when I bought it), but once I started using 2-band Thater brushes, my 3-band brushes were banished to the basement box. I had been wanting for years to try a Shavemac 2-band knot and now I have one in one of my favorite handles. I did a couple of palm lathers like I do with new brushes and it's blooming very nicely.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Thanks. Rudy made it come out better than I ever expected. I always loved the handle (Rooney was making T&H handles and knots back when I bought it), but once I started using 2-band Thater brushes, my 3-band brushes were banished to the basement box. I had been wanting for years to try a Shavemac 2-band knot and now I have one in one of my favorite handles. I did a couple of palm lathers like I do with new brushes and it's blooming very nicely.
I think I have now 8 or 9 brushes with the two-band silvertip, in my opinion, there is not any better hair out there.
I have both fans and bulbs, and both shapes are great with the hair.

My first boars. Have no experience on them so let's see how they are doing after some break in.

IMG_20200525_135953.jpg

These two landed in my mailbox today, and I love them both!
Whipped Dog 30mm synthetic
Viking Soap matte white with 28mm synthetic fan
Test lathered them both, and the Viking is going to be my star brush, this thing rocks!

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 15
I finally set my first knot, a 24mm TGN Grade A silvertip, in my Oz Shaving handle, and I think I'm really gonna like the way it turned out. One washer put it at about 50-52mm (closer to 52mm I think-- don't have calipers yet), which was enough to give the knot sufficient freedom. I didn't want to go any higher in loft with a 24mm. After twenty four hours to cure the epoxy, I shampooed it twice and test lathered, and I love its properties so far. It's got good density, so it has a nice medium backbone and splays really nicely. Obviously, I have to use it tomorrow, and I can't wait!

20200526_201012.jpg

Bargained my first 3-band silvertip from auction site. Unbelievably soft tips, even compared to my 2-band Thater. This thing is way bigger than expected, but I love the geometry of the huge handle. Now I have a trendy 28-30mm knot. Splayed incredibly after a soak and test lather. Bottom coin says Shore Shave. Can’t wait to feel it on my face!

7D81A68F-80E7-4FDE-A6CE-6C0281C281FE.jpeg

The L6 knots are great. have the 26 and it in my top 5 and I have close to 20 brushes most of which are Paladin's. Ken and Cody are a pleasure to work with.

Top Bottom