What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
First use of the Zenith Wenghe 22mm X 52mm. Hand lathered it twice yesterday, minimal funk, considerable backbone. Used it this morning and I think things will work out nicely once broken in. I have done the cold soaking method before to jumpstart the boar break in process with mixed results. I think I’ll just keep using this Zenith (my first) and see how she goes. So far so good.
5D3BA856-FF62-4DEC-AC05-78AEBE67F075.jpeg

First use of the Zenith Wenghe 22mm X 52mm. Hand lathered it twice yesterday, minimal funk, considerable backbone. Used it this morning and I think things will work out nicely once broken in. I have done the cold soaking method before to jumpstart the boar break in process with mixed results. I think I’ll just keep using this Zenith (my first) and see how she goes. So far so good.
View attachment 1495003
I have the same one, bought it for DecemBoar. Mine has some asymmetrical shaping to the knot that bothers me, but the more I use it the more I appreciate it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
:surrender:
(You win. At everything.) :ouch1:
:lol:
lol Aaron... hardly. You keep winning the straight razor and barber razor races.. and the DE races. I was able to assemble a very nice brush collection over the past few month and had a blast doing it. But that's complete now.. or will be when that G5D brush shows up. A label has been created but it hasn't been picked up by the shipping agent yet. I should see it in 3 weeks or so, I'm guessing.

You're still way ahead in soaps and creams too.

Two new brushes this week.

The first a Simpson M7 Manchurian. Bought to replace my M7 super that has been a daily use workhorse for a few years. Just getting into the brush rotation game.
View attachment 1496344View attachment 1496345

Next is my first Paladin.
Paladin 26mm Ichabod Micarta Interstellar! View attachment 1496346View attachment 1496347
An absolute stunning handle. More details about the brush can be found here: Post in thread 'What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)'

Two beautiful buys. I love my Paladins so much!

Top Bottom