What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

She's a big girl!

full

Wasn't expecting how huge this thing is, it's "just" a 26mm SHD Sliver tip. About to go use it right now...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I had one and just didn't like anything about it. I want to like Semogue brushes but I just don't.
I really like my Semogue Owner's Club Misturas... I also have two of the SOC boars. They are not the best boars out there, in my limited view. I prefer Zenith Boars... and I just love my Zenith M23 badger Manchurian with the 506 copper handle. It was my first badger and holds its own against my SV 2.0 brushes at a much lower price point.

I have the 2 band epsilon and I absolutely love it. It’s got almost as much backbone as my chubby 2 Manchurian and do1 with even softer tips (subjectively) and plenty of scrub. Plus it was like 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.

View attachment 1499804
They still have a few on sale. I wasn't sure what I was getting, it is more of a hybrid shape than yours. But that looks so similar to my Shavemac 2 band bulb at half the price. I bought this one because I have the 2 band fan and boy are they different, love them both though. I need to post the horse I bought...

And the horse trots in...

full

I used it last night and it feels wonderful on my face! It is supposed to have more tail hair(less soft), but it is much softer than my other one with more mane hair. I don't understand and don't care. It's only downside, a big one for some, it lathering performance is sub-par. It's slow and the lather stays in the knot while lathering, but it releases very well. Kind of confusing.

I just got a PAA Amber Aerolite. Wow, what a huge brush! It’s by far the biggest I’ve ever owned.

I haven’t found a synthetic brush I really like yet, I more partial to boat brushes, so hopefully this one will feel good.

I’m going to use it for the first time tomorrow morning.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Got this in today a Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip, this one I got on sale and I like the handle design so why not.
Only loss a few hairs on first cleanings and that was a real good sign of a quality brush and I have this similar knot in a another brush that I enjoy using. Not much for badger smell in this beautiful brush, will give it a test use tomorrow.
Yaqi mail call.jpg
Yaqi #1 Bali 24 mm Silvertip badger..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom