What's new

Brush Acquisition Disorder: What is wrong with us?

Are there any guys with huge awesome collections eg 200+
I know about Ice-man - it would be great to see a photo with each visible. Any other monster collections out there? I find them works of art and each unique in its own way.
Not a monster collection but a little farm 🐷

Semogue
IMG_20220219_163148.jpg

Yaqi
IMG_20220219_163101.jpg

Omega and Zenith (just one)
IMG_20220219_163134.jpg

I omitted the synthetics, Semogue 830 and Omega 11137 that I can't find and some duplicates.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1702685854741.png
    1702685854741.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
This year, since July actually, when I reconnected with wet shaving after two years of sabbatical, I have purchased 23 new brushes, of which two arrived today (here below), two have yet to arrive, and seven are gone (*).

View attachment 1764647

Yesterday however, I decided to join a support group: 2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/2024-shave-purchase-sabbatical-the-year-of-macgyver.647225/page-3#post-12502020

View attachment 1764643

View attachment 1764644
I've lost count of the number of brushes I went through this year, this after a sabbatical as well. I'm obsessing over razors currently but expect to return to the brush wars soon. Good luck with your support group. I don't need one, just more income.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have had a major spend-fest on brushes this year. Not counting ones I sent back, when I had a very bad experience with Maguires Barbershop in the UK, I have bought sixteen new brushes, plus received an extra one as a factory replacement, when one of them was received a little out of specification. I have kept the original, as it's not bad enough to send to landfill, and I won't release it into the wild, after it's alrwady had one replacement issued against it.

Most were under £30. Some were under £20. Only one broke my £40 ceiling. Six were new old stock (discontinued) brushes. All but two of those seventeen are probably keepers. I could probably have bought a limited edition Simpson Chubby with what I've spent on brushes this year ... but I'd rather have this mass of cheapos, than blow it all on one brush.

Next year's focus will be breaking them all in, getting too know them, and passing on those which don't belong here for whatever reason. I'm striving for a whole year off internet and digital shopping (including in person with plastic) throughout 2024, whether shaving related or not. While that means I'm liable to get a year clear of further brush acquisitions, it also increased the amount I frantically nabbed in the last few weeks. :001_rolle

I have had a major spend-fest on brushes this year. Not counting ones I sent back, when I had a very bad experience with Maguires Barbershop in the UK, I have bought sixteen new brushes, plus received an extra one as a factory replacement, when one of them was received a little out of specification. I have kept the original, as it's not bad enough to send to landfill, and I won't release it into the wild, after it's alrwady had one replacement issued against it.

Most were under £30. Some were under £20. Only one broke my £40 ceiling. Six were new old stock (discontinued) brushes. All but two of those seventeen are probably keepers. I could probably have bought a limited edition Simpson Chubby with what I've spent on brushes this year ... but I'd rather have this mass of cheapos, than blow it all on one brush.

Next year's focus will be breaking them all in, getting too know them, and passing on those which don't belong here for whatever reason. I'm striving for a whole year off internet and digital shopping (including in person with plastic) throughout 2024, whether shaving related or not. While that means I'm liable to get a year clear of further brush acquisitions, it also increased the amount I frantically nabbed in the last few weeks. :001_rolle
Have you considered 2024 GRUYERE sabbatical??

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Have you considered 2024 GRUYERE sabbatical??

I'm doing something even tougher...

I'm doing something even tougher...

Oh wow, I see. Good luck to you sir!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
What is wrong with us?

Speak for yourself: you only need one brush (2 if you want to guarantee they dry completely). This is why I have managed to keep my collection down to only 20.

Top Bottom