What's new

Brush Acquisition Disorder: What is wrong with us?

I really have battled BAD almost as much as SAD! I think brushes represent most the idea of "traditional shaving" for me. I love to look at them all lined up on the shelf, each one offering a different feel, or a color scheme that just speaks to me that morning. I also just kicked myself into an astronomical orbit of brush-dom that I thought I would never, ever get to!

I think bc they’re hygiene products, there’s a bit of rationalization happening, at least for me. I also use BST in same regard-if I dont like it, I can sell it and recoup some of the money.

Way i look at it, if i go to a fast food joint, I spend $10 for a generally crappy meal that is gone in 15 minutes, so i dont feel bad spending on a brush that will prob last a lifetime. A pair of jeans are $30-$40 and they only last a couple years. Its within the discretionary portion of my budget so unless I exceed that, i dont feel bad spending on something i enjoy.

Come on don’t be silly, you have a lot to add. A possible example: list all 40 brushes, so the rest of us can add to our shopping list.
Sorry, I lied. I have at least 45 brushes currently, not 40. Yes, I need help! 🤪

• Simpson Chubby 2 Silvertip
  • Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
  • Simpson M7 Best
  • Simpson M7 Synthetic
  • Simpson M7 Manchurian
  • Simpson Tulip 3 Super
  • Simpson Emperor 3 Super
  • Simpson Polo 8 Best
  • Simpson Polo 10 Best
  • Simpson Berkeley 48 LE
  • Simpson Beaufort B6 Pure
  • Simpson Colonel X2L
  • Simpson Wee Scot
  • Simpson Special Best
  • Simpson Special Pure
  • Simpson Trafalgar 1
  • Simpson Trafalgar 2
  • Simpson Classic Synthetic
  • Simpson Keyhole 1 Best
  • Spiffo Astro High Mountain White Manchurian
  • Spiffo Cassini Silvertip
  • Spiffo Eturna 2-Band
  • Spiffo Barel Super
  • Kent Infinity Synth
  • Kent BK8 Silvertip
  • Kent BK8S Synth
  • Zenith 505AK Manchurian
  • Paladin Sherlock 2-Band
  • Thater 4125/4 2-Band
  • Shavemac Beagle
  • Shavemac Silvertip
  • Rooney #3 Best Badger
  • Rooney Vintage with FS Manchurian knot
  • Razorock (Zenith) Barrel 24 Silvertip
  • Semogue Pharos Synthetic
  • Semogue Pharos Horse
  • Semogue 1800 boar
  • Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic
  • Yaqi Barberpole 30mm Synthetic
  • Vulfix Pure Badger
  • Omega Pro 49 Boar
  • Omega Boar
  • Rockwell Synthetic (2)
  • Vie Long Horse

That's a lovely list @SharpieB . What are your particular favorites?
Thank you.

Hard to narrow it down, but for Badger I love my Simpson Ch2 Silvertip and Manchurian M7. Also the Shavemac B&B Beagle, Kent BK8 Silvertip and Thater 4125 are in the main rotation.

Synth favourites are the M7, Ch2 and the Semogue Pharos synth is suprisingly good.

My favourite Boar is the Semogue 1800.

Overall I am a big Simpson fan, I guess. I actually do use all of my brushes though. They may not get the same amount of love, but even my lowly $7.99 Rockwell brushes get use.

Top Bottom