What's new

Brotherhood of Unscented Gentlemen Shavers

Got to try Stirling unscented with beeswax. I dont find it truly unscented, but it still smells great. It's almost like a very mild citrus vibe to my nose. My skin had no issues what so ever.

Performance was fantastic. I was very impressed.

I also tried the unscented aftershave splash with menthol. Wow! I splashed it on a wet face and man it was bracing! I'm going to dry my face next go round. It also gave me no issues.

The next day my face felt supple and smoothe.

So pumped!
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

proxy.php

So my good friend KeenDogg shared this wonderful razor with me. Let me say, this LC New is S-M-O-O-T-H! I've never been one for light razors but this baby has me rethinking that. This is the first razor that has allowed me to go XTG on the philtrum. Today's shave was merely a DFS to try this out. Wow! Thanks Adam for sharing this with me. I look forward to a few more days with this beauty!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
proxy.php

So my good friend KeenDogg shared this wonderful razor with me. Let me say, this LC New is S-M-O-O-T-H! I've never been one for light razors but this baby has me rethinking that. This is the first razor that has allowed me to go XTG on the philtrum. Today's shave was merely a DFS to try this out. Wow! Thanks Adam for sharing this with me. I look forward to a few more days with this beauty!
Glad you are enjoying it, Ralph! As promised, here is some history on the razor from Benjamin Wesley Hitchcock's daughter, Holly:
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lately I have been using Soap Commander Integrity and matching ASB. This is really an amazing product. The lather is wonderful and best of all, its unscented!
20190807_142851_resized.jpg

This is directed to the Canadians on this thread: Do you know of any good quality Canadian based soap makers that produce a unscented shave soap?
I know of the Copper Hat and Henri et Victoria makes a unscented shave soap. The Copper Hat soap was very good. I used that up long ago. And I just placed an order for the unscented by Henri et Victoria. Now if you will excuse me, I will go sit by the mailbox and wait for its arrival.

Last edited:
I have never used a shave stick but... Couldn't you simply grate up a soap and press it into a tube like this one? I also know that some soaps can be melted like this one (I actually used this soap for quite a long time and always had good results with it) and then fill the tube with liquid soap (it would solidify pretty quick)? I really should know this, and did at one time, but only certain types of soaps can be melted vs those that have to be grated.

If the soap is soft enough, you can knead it into shape and put it in a twist=up tube from WCS or elsewhere (I think they are 2oz, might be 4oz lotion tubes). If it's too hard to knead, grate, dampen, and press into a twistup tube or a re-cycled deodorant container.

The Henri et Victoria arrived and I did a test lather and it is very nice. No scent and a nice slick lather. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for an unscented soap. I also have the balm and it is also unscented. I have purchased their Cognac and Cuban Cigars soap and it is very nice, but I am unable to tolerate the scent lately.

Today is my first shave with a new unscented soap -- Arko Sensitive. I cant say this is 100% completely unscented as there is a faint lavender scent, but even for my scent sensitive nose I would be comfortable recommending this to anyone looking for an unscented cream. It's very inexpensive and like many of the budget shave creams this Arko is a lather monster.
20190822_195639_resized.jpg

I have been a loyal Lucky Tiger AS splash user. I think it is the perfect unscented AS splash with good skin care properties. Recently I have decided to push the boundaries of my post shave routine. To begin, my post shave routine is pretty stable: rinse with water, Lucky Tiger splash, then an ASB. All unscented.

I have purchased three new post shave splashes: Phoenix Accouterments "Sin" unscented AS splash, Earthwise Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, and Thayers Unscented Facial Toner without alcohol. [Most of the flavoured Thayers WH have alcohol]. The PA Sin product does contain alcohol but it is "denatured". It has a bit of sting, but I consider it mild. I have been rotating through these splashes and while they don't quite hit the bar that Lucky Tiger has set, they are all pleasant alternatives, just for something different. I do like some variety. They are unscented, have good face care properties, ingredient lists are minimal and contain words that I can pronounce.
20191001_092800.jpg

KeenDogg

Just tried the DR Harris naturals. Very hard puck. Needed bloomed. Lather and shave was fatastic! Very moisturizing. Shave on, gents!

I’ve been primarily an unscented user of wet shaving products since I started with AOS Unscented cream back in 2011. There wasn’t an abundance of unscented top tier products back then. When the artisan boom was gaining momentum I had a really long stint with Mikes Naturals unscented soap. This is a really great soap and the difference from a commercial grade cream was very apparent. I tried MDC unscented which I didn’t care for as I found it drying. I went through a few jars of XPEC unscented cream and it was in fact a solid performer that I wouldn’t hesitate to use again. This was about the time L&L now Declaration released the Bison base in unscented. This base was another eye opener for me as I finally started to see the value in my shaves of a lower structure denser lather. I moved on to try Grooming Dept unscented first in the beef tallow base and then down the line as the other bases were also released in unscented. I’ve pretty much hovered in this space just bouncing between GD bases depending on what type of face feel I was after that day. My face responds very well to GD’s combination of ingredients. The unscented GD preshave has been a staple for me as I’ve always benefited from a preshave. Heads and tails above the unscented oil I was using at the time. My most recent acquisitions have been unscented Declaration Milksteak...which I think is a solid performer and a nice upgrade from the Bison I was used to. I’m a half a dozen shaves into a tub of WK Bare Siero getting very good results and my face seems to really be loving the ingredients. I follow every shave with Thayers unscented toner which is a fantastic product. I’ve recently been trying WK’s Bare Naked toner and I think it’s a great addition to my routine. It doesn’t have witch hazel in it so I’ve been using the Thayers and then following up with the WK. It contains some good stuff but the addition of sodium hyalauronate cross polymer makes it unique as well as really helping to lock in moisture. It’s great to be an unscented user with options finally.

Reactions: AQU

KeenDogg

It’s great to be an unscented user with options finally.
I couldnt agree more. My issues are all dermatitis related, so unscented is a must. I recently, however, found I can tolerate Cellas Extra extra Bio cream. Lightly scented and very explosive in lather.

Top Bottom