What's new

Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS)

What is your favorite barbershop scent? Elaborate in a post.

• Pinaud-Clubman

• Proraso

• Floid

• Old Spice

• Myrsol

• Fine

• Bay Rum

• Aqua Velva

• Tabac

• Lucky Tiger

• Jeris Osage Rub

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
My Fine Snakebite arrived. Fine has a nice touch with menthol and Snakebite is a great cooler. Sometimes Osage Rub can be overpowering...my eyes can even close from the impact. Snakebite has the nice powder of a classic barbershop scent. And the label is very funny.

Any love for Booster's Polar Ice here?

I just got some from WCS and I must say I like it. Has glycerin, which I always add to my aftershaves if they don't already have it. Low alcohol burn. False advertising, though: the menthol is all but undetectable. That's okay for me because I'm a menthol weenie.

Probably great for those like me who aren't looking for a seismic event with their aftershave.

Others with better noses and descriptive powers will describe the scent better, but it's definitely barbershoppy. (I understand that this product is found in many Canadian barbershops.)

Ingredients: water, sd alcohol 40, fragrance, glycerin, menthol, F,D, & C blue #1.

Last edited:
No. I looked at Boosters last time I was at Pasteur, but bought Myrsol instead. I love menthol AS, but I just bought a bottle of Fine Snake Bite. I've also got a large bottle of Osage Rub. Some day I will start learning about Boosters. Thanks for the review.

I have to say that as someone who is relatively new (and loving it) to wet-shaving, now that I have BOTH Clubman Pinaud and Floid Mentolado Vigoroso, I somehow feel "official!"

Like others have stated, much more eloquent than I ever could, splashing on Clubman Pinaud is like traveling in a time machine, affording me the ability to re-visit every barbershop I was ever dragged into. Now, that my haircutting needs are satisfied by wife cutting my hair with a pair of electric clippers, it creates a feeling of nostalgia unmatched by most other things.

The Floid MV is richer, deeper, and a touch of spice, while still being quite refreshing!

I am quite happy, that is for sure!

I have to say that as someone who is relatively new (and loving it) to wet-shaving, now that I have BOTH Clubman Pinaud and Floid Mentolado Vigoroso, I somehow feel "official!"

Like others have stated, much more eloquent than I ever could, splashing on Clubman Pinaud is like traveling in a time machine, affording me the ability to re-visit every barbershop I was ever dragged into. Now, that my haircutting needs are satisfied by wife cutting my hair with a pair of electric clippers, it creates a feeling of nostalgia unmatched by most other things.

The Floid MV is richer, deeper, and a touch of spice, while still being quite refreshing!

I am quite happy, that is for sure!

I purchased Floid Vigaroso two months ago and I agree with your description. Powdery smooth and refreshing, with a high quality glass bottle. Very happy with this purchase.

Barbershop is one of my favorite scents. There is nothing I like better than closing my eyes and walking back into John's Barbershop. The barbershop my Dad took me to when I was a kid. So I must join the barbershop fold BOBS. Thanks to Pierce and Marco, molte grazie!

Oh sorry! My Favs include:

1) Barrister and Mann - Seville
2) Proraso
3) Fine - American Blend
4) Pinaud Clubman

Last edited:
My first bottle. Very nice!

$IMG_0780.JPG :thumbup:

I am not sure but i think i am a barbershop scent lover. My aftershaves at the moment:
Proraso splash, Floïd Genuine, Floïd Blue and Aqua Velva (Spanish version).

Top Bottom