What's new

Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS)

What is your favorite barbershop scent? Elaborate in a post.

• Pinaud-Clubman

• Proraso

• Floid

• Old Spice

• Myrsol

• Fine

• Bay Rum

• Aqua Velva

• Tabac

• Lucky Tiger

• Jeris Osage Rub

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Woo hop! Congratulations, Marco.

Yes, yes and yes!!! Three bottles of Fine American Blend!!! First use today after shaving with RazoRock for Fine AB soap and it was excellent, exactly as I wanted it to be. The scent of the lotion matches perfectly with the scent of the soap, being just sharper (probably because of the alcohol content).

P.S. The bottles I got are the original ones in the flasks, which is an added bonus. Very Old School. :euro:

I love the smell of barbershops. I'm in! I don't remember many of the scents from the barbershops of my youth, but I do remember Pinaud Clubman and the Clubman talc. All of the scents listed are classics though.

After many years of going to chain salons for the cheapest haircut (always a different cut!) I finally decided to find a good barber in my area. It was a great experience and the barber had Clubman on hand!

Welcome Joe. What's your current favorite AS?

I love the smell of barbershops. I'm in! I don't remember many of the scents from the barbershops of my youth, but I do remember Pinaud Clubman and the Clubman talc. All of the scents listed are classics though.

After many years of going to chain salons for the cheapest haircut (always a different cut!) I finally decided to find a good barber in my area. It was a great experience and the barber had Clubman on hand!

Love your name :001_smile

My current favorite is the Clubman original. I like the Special Reserve too, but not nearly as much as the original.

Thanks for the great welcome! I look forward to many discussions about the scent of the barbershop!

Pierce, please post your thoughts and tell me if you notice any difference between the older lotions Vs the new ones, which I've read contain more menthol.

I'm curious about this as well. I received some samples of the new formula (never tried the old) recently and just tried the Noir. I like it, but find the menthol is a bit overpowering. By the time the blast has subsided, the main scents have also faded a bit. But what remains reminds me a bit of DRH Windsor which i enjoy. Undecided if i will upgrade to full bottles at this point.

I really like the three I've tried, but I wouldn't complain if there was a little less menthol.

I'm curious about this as well. I received some samples of the new formula (never tried the old) recently and just tried the Noir. I like it, but find the menthol is a bit overpowering. By the time the blast has subsided, the main scents have also faded a bit. But what remains reminds me a bit of DRH Windsor which i enjoy. Undecided if i will upgrade to full bottles at this point.

I am done with Paizo Con 2014. Fine American Blend was my AS. It was swell, but I prefer Italian Citrus. Next up, I get intimate with L'Orange Noir...in a platonic sort of way. :lol:

The website for Fine Accoutrements says the ingredients to make Italian Citrus have become unavailable and future availability is uncertain. Is this a new development or is their site outdated? I have yet to try this AS but I bought 2 bottles to pair with my RazoRock XX and XXX.

Oy...I don't know, but I hope not.

The website for Fine Accoutrements says the ingredients to make Italian Citrus have become unavailable and future availability is uncertain. Is this a new development or is their site outdated? I have yet to try this AS but I bought 2 bottles to pair with my RazoRock XX and XXX.

I've been wallowing in the splendor of Fine for the past three weeks. Prying myself away...I'm going with Myrsol Blue and Floid Original. Beginning with the Myrsol, I think it is very much a barbershop scent...in this case, for me, the powder is extraordinary.

Today, the third of 3 wonderful work-free days, I've been playing with my after shaves. Powder--i really appreciate Myrsol Blue. Floid Genuine, nice powder. Still loving my three Fine, but today, I like the Myrsol so much, I just ordered a bottle of Myrsol Lemon.

I am lucky enough that my barber here uses Pinaud-Clubman on us gents, so I don't even have it at home. But really hard to beat that as a classic. I am working on a vintage Old Spice soap cake, but the scent has either faded too much or I am a curmudgeon - not a huge fan except for it being vintage. I do use varieties of the the Old Spice body washes, including the Swagger line.

I have a variety of Proraso, but they are languishing now as I am using my Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar and even more now, Truefitt & Hill Lavender shaving cream, then wrap up a splash of Acqua di Parma Colonia that will almost start fading by the time I head off to work, so I as I head out the door I toss on either a bit of Lapidus pour Homme, or some Fine American Blend or Italian Citrus ... at least for July. August will bring some change no doubt :)

By the way, Fine Accouterments will retire some items ... when I ordered a couple of months ago, the owner (Todd?) warned me Lavender was going to be dropped shortly. If you have any doubts or questions, ask them! I can't believe the Italian Citrus though .. c'mon now!

I have really been into the Musk as of late. Aqua Velva was my latest acquisition. Clubman is fantastic but I'm gonna have to go with the musk on this one. def love the good ole barber shop scents, no matter how many times TLOTH tells me I smell like an old man.

My bottle of Myrsol Limon arrived. I love it. Lemon scent, it's the only lemon AS I own. At first sniff, it does not seem have the powder of Myrsol Blue. But I'll try it until I head to San Diego Comic Con next week. More to come.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Bay Rum. Today was an entire Bay Rum day. I started with RazoRock for Captain's Choice Bay Rum soft soap and finished with Pinaud Clubman VI Bay Rum, which I used as both aftershave and body lotion. What a superb, spicy, exotic scent!

P.S. Before joining B&B I didn't even know about Bay Rum! It's not part of our Italian barbershop tradition, but now I'm happy it's part of my rotation. :thumbup1:

I can count myself as a member. I started using AS splashes back in April, starting with the Veg. I love it, and my wife loves it, too. Soon after, I added VI Bay Rum, and just today, used Clubman original for the first time. All three are great, and have different things I love about them, but when it comes to a smell that evokes "barbershop", the Clubman Original wins that prize. I smell like I just got a haircut ( and that's a good thing!)

Top Bottom