What's new

Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS)

What is your favorite barbershop scent? Elaborate in a post.

• Pinaud-Clubman

• Proraso

• Floid

• Old Spice

• Myrsol

• Fine

• Bay Rum

• Aqua Velva

• Tabac

• Lucky Tiger

• Jeris Osage Rub

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was just given a bottle of Pinaud Lime Sec. I LIKE it. :thumbup:
Lime Sec is one of my favorite scents. I get a fresh lime fragrance at first that breaks down to a pleasant scent and seems to last me most of the day. Today I went with my go to bay rum, VIBR.

My friend didn't like it and switched to Captain's Choice Lime...I am so lucky to have generous friends.

Lime Sec is one of my favorite scents. I get a fresh lime fragrance at first that breaks down to a pleasant scent and seems to last me most of the day. Today I went with my go to bay rum, VIBR.

I see that Fine is going back the old flasks....I hope he can make some Italian Citrus soon...that's the one I want to try.

There was talk that Fine was discontinuing Italian Citrus because of ingredient shortages or pricing. I hope not. It is my favorite Fine.

I see that Fine is going back the old flasks....I hope he can make some Italian Citrus soon...that's the one I want to try.

Just started using Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop. Excellent scent, and the usual fantastic Mike's NS performance.

$IMG_0895.JPG :thumbup:

I am a huge fan of the classic barbershop scents. Clubman, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and Skin Bracer have all been getting regular rotation action. I really like(read SWMBO not so much) Clubman SR. The Lime and the Vanilla are also nice scents. I have a few BR samples and I have been really digging the Kramperts. Wish the smell would last just a little longer.

Still a noob but aftershaves are my first AD. My rotation is: Shulton Old Spice, Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, AV Ice Blue, Skin Bracer, Clubman Special Reserve, Brut, and Clubman Original.

This seems like my kind of place.

I was in Pasteur Pharmacy Thursday, and picked up a bottle of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso...I love it!

Brothers and Sisters,

:a50:After much discussion, Marco and I wish to launch a new Club/Brotherhood devoted to traditional barbershop scents. The official name is Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS). Members should put one, the other, or both, in their signature.

The Brotherhood is here to discuss aftershaves that you remember from your childhood, scents from a barbershop, or scents that remind you of a barbershop. :a21:

We are going to start this off with a poll. :popc: The poll will be open for two weeks. There is a list of 12 (the maximum). Choose your favorite barbershop scent. Tell us about it, why did you choose it? If you pick Other, then what would you add? There are 12 places in the poll, so we cannot list each scent individually. If you choose, for example, Clubman, in your post let us know which Clubman, and why. :confused1

Gentlemen and Gentle Ladies, we offer for your pleasure and discussion, the Brotherhood of Barber Scents.

In another thread, we asked the question, what are barbershop scents, and this list was the result.

Floid Genuine (Italy)
FloidMentolado Vigoroso (Spain)
Floid Blue (Italy)
Floid Mentolado Suave (Spain)

Proraso White
Proraso Blue

Clubman Aftershave
Clubman Lilac Vegetal :Veg:
Clubman Vanilla
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Clubman Lime Sec
Clubman Citrus Musk
Clubman Musk
Clubman Special Reserve
Clubman Eau De Quinine Hair Tonic

Jeris Osage Rub :osage:

Myrsol Blue
Myrsol Formula F./Extra
Myrsol Balsamic

Bay Rum :bayrum2:
Florida Water
Endymion

Fine American
Fine Italian Citrus

Rive Gauche
Tabac
Canoe
Old Spice
Barbasol Brisk

Aqua Velva Blue :velva2:
Aqua Velva Musk

Booster’s Polar Ice (Canada)
Booster’s Mosswood

Pashana
Cartier Roadster
Lucky Tiger
Vitos
Pitralon
Stefan’s Alpine
Barrister and Mann Seville AS
WSO Bill the Barber AS

in that list there's no Aqua Velva Sport(green). I found the smell really close to barbershop

Well all I could add is that I basically grew up around Barbershop Scents, my dad was a barber for 42 years until he passed and he had everything Clubman, from the aftershave to the talc and everything in between, I think that's why I have a special place in my shaving ritual for Clubman, it's about all the good memories, all the time I would spend at the Barbershop and of course memories of Dad, anyway that's why I will always have a good supply of Clubman AS at hand.

Newest member of BOBS

Thanks to the Brotherhood

I left my bottle of Fines Italian Citrus in an hotel in Wisconsin. Any recommendations for shopping in Toronto?

Definitely in!
4/5 of my after shaves are barbershop ones.
Just to mention: Proraso splash, Floid the Genuine and Blue, Fine AB and Fresh Vetiver.
Not mentioned all my Proraso creams...

GREAT IDEA. Count me in!

For me it is Pinaud Clubman. This is precisely what the barber in my hometown used in the 1950s. He used both AS and talc. Great stuff!!

Top Bottom