What's new

Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS)

What is your favorite barbershop scent? Elaborate in a post.

• Pinaud-Clubman

• Proraso

• Floid

• Old Spice

• Myrsol

• Fine

• Bay Rum

• Aqua Velva

• Tabac

• Lucky Tiger

• Jeris Osage Rub

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm so in for this brotherhood! For me Clubman classic is a memory in a bottle...it just takes me back to the barbershop as a kid...I decant the classic, citrus musk, and musk into glass bottles and use them all the time....then there is the Aqua Velva blue...it was my fathers go to scent and every time I put it on it reminds me of him...I put it in a glass bottle as well and use it regularly...I also enjoy the AV musk scent a lot....I'm gladly adding BOBS to my sig

My Fine Italian Citrus arrive. Marco describes it well. A splendid citrus aroma.

Pierce, just used Fine's Italian Citrus this morning after the Alum block and a cold water rinse. Although not a barbershop type lotion, to me this is a great cologne type aftershave. It matches Acqua di Parma Colonia VERY well. And AdP Colonia is my signature fragrance. :thumbup1:

Well Marco,

The BOBS poll is closed. I suppose it's no surprise Pinaud-Clubman was a run-away winner. Great, classic scents. :thumbup:

I shaved at 3am. Fine American Blend was my choice this morning. Taking Fine Italian Citrus with me. I really, really, really, like Fine. I must try other scents. I hope Marco's makes it through customs.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I shaved at 3am. Fine American Blend was my choice this morning. Taking Fine Italian Citrus with me. I really, really, really, like Fine. I must try other scents. I hope Marco's makes it through customs.

Sadly no. My American Blend was rejected by the Customs and shipped back to the sender. I've been waiting for this pack for over 4 weeks. How frustrating and disappointing. I really, really wanted some American Blend. :angry:

Can AS be shipped inside Europe? I'll probably be in the UK in October. Thinking I could bring a bottle with me, and ship to you from there.
Sadly no. My American Blend was rejected by the Customs and shipped back to the sender. I've been waiting for this pack for over 4 weeks. How frustrating and disappointing. I really, really wanted some American Blend. :angry:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Can AS be shipped inside Europe? I'll probably be in the UK in October. Thinking I could bring a bottle with me, and ship to you from there.

No Custom issues within the European Union. Thanks for the kind proposal, Pierce.

I would have to say that bay rum is my favorite smell of all time, and it is A barbershop scent.

But clubman is THE barbershop scent. When people ask me what it smells like, I say "barbershop"

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gents, back on track now. What about discussing barbershop soap/lotion combos? What are your current favourite? Mine are as follows:

RazoRock P.160 with Floid The Genuine

Proraso Green with Proraso splash

Cella with Pinaud Clubman

I have a certain "feeling" that RazoRock American Blend will match perfectly with Fine's American Blend. Hoping to get both someday!

The Fine American Blend reminds me somewhat of Alt Innsbruck.

I normally use proraso green and mama bear's awakenings with any of my BOBS.
... Altho i no longer use these creams, Taylor's... Mr. Taylor would go great with American Blend IMO.
altho, i can't wait for the razorock american blend. Anyone know when it might be avaliable?

Pretty much the only soap I use anymore is Mitchell's Wool Fat. Of late, I am alternating between Fine American Blend, and Fine Italian Citrus. Pinaud is on deck for my four days at home. Mostly Clubman...

I have four bottles of Floid Blue that I stockpiled when the threat of extinction occurred; that should say something about my love for that scent. I also love Proraso ASL. Clubman is the scent which actually reminds me of Town and Country Barbershop in Somerset, NJ. I got my first haircut there from The former shipowner, Sal, when his shop was still in Edison. Sal is apparently still cutting hair there, though he has sold the shop to a young gent who had made some changes to the shop the last time I stopped by. Clubman is my segue into Fine American Blend, which I believe smells a lot like Clubman with a menthol kick, and Penhaligon's Racquets formula, which smells like an aristocratic version of Clubman to my nose. Rive Gauche definitely makes me think of shaving, as I think of it as a classy Barbersol scent; however I can't say that it is a scent that I ever experienced in a barbershop...

Top Bottom