What's new

"BROO" shampoo bar really good!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, it's that time of year: clearance at Wallyworld. Aisle-end bargains abound - $13 bag of birdseed for $3.50, Fiskar pruning shears ($25) for $5 ....

Saw this hippie-dippie "Broo" shampoo bar ($8 on Amazon) for $2.50 and bought one.

Bar Shampoo

proxy.php

Without going into corporate philosophies - no one cares - I will say this soap actually rocks!

The lime version smells nice, actually lathered, DID shampoo my hair, and I guarantee you could shave with this. In fact I will, later.

I'm not a soapmaker, (though we have a bunch of talented folks here that are) so I can't read the ingredients - but there is something that makes it explode into lather.

"INGREDIENTS
Cruelty Free • Vegan • Paraben Free • Made in the USA

Bar Shampoo: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance*, Beer, Sodium Gluconate, Palm Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sodium Chloride, Palm Kernel Acid, Diheptyl Succinate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Citric Acid. (*100% Natural)"

Went back to WW and bought a few more. For 70% off, heck ya.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I carried out my threat to shave with this stuff this morning … and got a ridiculous, close, good-in-all-ways shave.

This could be used on an extended trip, for all soap uses. Interesting.

AA

Good bargain. No WW in Australia, pity.

I'm also in Australia. I've been using a local beer shampoo bar for the last couple of years - I find it excellent. It is made by Beauty and the Bees in Tassie; they made a vast range of shampoo bars; the one I use is called Tasmanian Beer.
They have a website for on-line purchase, and some retail stockists.
They often sell "seconds", which are slightly unevenly cut bars. These are pretty good value.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Piece broke off this bar, so naturally (not wasting it) I threw it in a shave bowl ... and it lathered and shaved very well today.

Fairly hard chip; not a croap ... but truly not a bad shave soap, as well as a shampoo bar.

Which goes to show: it's possible make ONE soap that will, apparently, do-it-all. Well.

AA

Top Bottom