What's new

Brass Blackbird Is Back

Like Shane explains the patina is more even on the satin. It didn’t look all that great on the machined brassbirds IMO. Mine was polished for that reason and I don’t care for polished razors generally. Think it’s unlikely. Should patina more like a Karve or Hone Type 15.

Like Shane explains the patina is more even on the satin. It didn’t look all that great on the machined brassbirds IMO. Mine was polished for that reason and I don’t care for polished razors generally. Think it’s unlikely. Should patina more like a Karve or Hone Type 15.

I guess most people would prefer the even darkening of the brass bird, like how it occurs on the karve CB.

Personally, I really like how my machined brassbird gets an uneven patina and even some green-patina, which really gives it an antique look.

hello Shane, I have bought several of your products and I love them but lately I have problems with the USPS standard international shipping since they get lost in Mexico and they only offer me the option of dhl express for us$45 and I just want a stand or a base plate and it is too expensive. Is there any other standard shipping option other than usps or what options do I have? thanks shane

hello Shane, I have bought several of your products and I love them but lately I have problems with the USPS standard international shipping since they get lost in Mexico and they only offer me the option of dhl express for us$45 and I just want a stand or a base plate and it is too expensive. Is there any other standard shipping option other than usps or what options do I have? thanks shane
This is probably a more appropriate question to ask via an email to support @ blacklandrazors.com (rather than here).

The satin is in response to previous feedback we received. It also helps us maintain our inventory because we can blast in small batches so older inventory doesn’t develop advanced patina that makes it unsellable.
So can we buy one of the brass razors before it's sent through the satin finish process? I guess the first question should be, what do they look like before getting the satin finish.

This is about a year later; I just sold it today for immediate needs.

IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4063.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg
IMG_4061.jpeg
IMG_4060.jpeg
IMG_4059.jpeg
IMG_4058.jpeg
IMG_4057.jpeg

Well got my Brassbird Satin OC and extra Lite SB plate. I just used the Satin Lite plate with my old and patina'ed Brassbird top cap and short handle. It still sings nicely with that audio quality I've been missing that other razors I've been using really lack. Out of all my razors, the only ones that seem to have this audible feedback is the Blackbird, Muhle Rocca and maybe some ATT models.

Really smooth shave but I did take my time. Tried the new creamsicle synth TRC brush and while floppy and huge it was just ok. I find I'm really suited for the feel of Boar brushes year round not just in DecemBOAR.

2 Passes with 3 day growth. Tried it with the Shannon's soaps new flavor Lemon Prosecco, really nice and cool scent for the hot summer days.

Glad the Brassbird is back and looking forward to the patina the satin version brings! Next shave will be with the regular satin OC plate with the long handle and new satin top cap.

0FC5E759-E615-479F-883D-0AA5A9DA2425.jpeg

51886148-0AA0-48F4-8F4A-342D93627A72.jpeg

1A32649F-BA5C-474C-88A7-5925EF45E1BD.jpeg

(Wolfman added for comparison)

Last edited:
Top Bottom