What's new

Boston, MA

I made an unexpected discovery this weekend and wanted to share it with all you Bostonians. I was in Venus Beauty Supply store on Prospect Street (just north of the main intersection in Central Square) to get some Barbicide, and discovered that they have a few very good deals on shaving products. A 16oz Pinaud Clubman AS for $8, a number of other Pinaud products, 3-5 of the Master Aftershaves (12 oz, I think) for ~$7, and Dorco 301 blades for $1.50 (which is the lowest I've seen DE blades go for in these parts by over three dollars).

There may be more good finds there that I don't know about - I was only in the store for about 5 minutes. But if you like your aftershaves classic and cheap (as I do), Venus may well be a great resource.

...Venus Beauty Supply store on Prospect Street (just north of the main intersection in Central Square)...3-5 of the Master Aftershaves (12 oz, I think) for ~$7, and Dorco 301 blades for $1.50 (which is the lowest I've seen DE blades go for in these parts by over three dollars)... Venus may well be a great resource.

Got my Master Aftershaves there. They gave me a barber discount because they thought I was a barber.:lol:

They also sell aftershaves in the gallon size if you want.

I didn't know they sold the Dorco 301. Tried the Dorco 300 and wasn't impressed. However may try the 301s. Are they in a 5/pack for $1.50?

David

Going to Boston for my first time tomorrow and will be in Arlington. Anyone know of any good DE supply stores in this area?

I'm going to be in Harvard Square for a just a few hours tomorrow. If you want to meet PM me.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

FYI, if you are in Arlington you must and I do mean must go to Gail Ann's Coffee Shop in Arlington Center. They make the best donuts in the frigging world!!!

David

Going to Boston for my first time tomorrow and will be in Arlington. Anyone know of any good DE supply stores in this area?
Arlington's about 15 minutes from Harvard Square, why not go to Colonial Drugs. Great shop!

I may even wind up there tomorrow, but probably not.

Arlington's about 15 minutes from Harvard Square, why not go to Colonial Drugs. Great shop!

I may even wind up there tomorrow, but probably not.

Is Colonial Drugs in Harvard Square? I know we're going to Newberry St. on Sunday to walk around. Is there a good place for brunch in that area?

My fiancee's cousin graduated from Medical School and we're going to his graduation party tomorrow night.

I know we're going to Kelly's tomorrow at lunch for fried clams and lobster rolls.

I'm going to be in Harvard Square for a just a few hours tomorrow. If you want to meet PM me.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

FYI, if you are in Arlington you must and I do mean must go to Gail Ann's Coffee Shop in Arlington Center. They make the best donuts in the frigging world!!!

David

Not really looking for anything, I have so much at home, plus I would have to take it with me on a plane. Maybe a shaving mug or boar brush.....if they have Royall Fragrances, I would like to smell the scents so that I know which one I like so that I can order some online.

Well if you want to meet I can show you quickly the 3 main sources in Cambridge. I'm be in the Square for a few hours to first meet some friends in the morning then have a cigar. Let me know ASAP!

David

Is Colonial Drugs in Harvard Square? I know we're going to Newberry St. on Sunday to walk around. Is there a good place for brunch in that area?

My fiancee's cousin graduated from Medical School and we're going to his graduation party tomorrow night.

I know we're going to Kelly's tomorrow at lunch for fried clams and lobster rolls.
Yes, it's in Harvard Square at 49 Brattle St across the street (more or less) from Crate & Barrel. Also, diagonally across the street is L.A. Burdick, a fantastic place to get cakes or chocolates. Pretty much my favorite chocolate cakes in Boston or NYC.

Well if you want to meet I can show you quickly the 3 main sources in Cambridge. I'm be in the Square for a few hours to first meet some friends in the morning then have a cigar. Let me know ASAP!

David

Many thanks David, very kind of you to offer but I'll be with the fiancee and her parents. I have no idea what our schedule is going to be and since they're from Boston, I know they want to visit some of their favorite spots. I may only be able to squeeze in a few minutes for myself, probably Sunday afternoon before I fly back to DC.

What, No Roastbeef?????:drool:

What, No Roastbeef?????:drool:

One of the guys had roast beef and it was very, very good. I would have ordered roast beef and will next time but I had my heart set on having a lobster roll. It was very good and I counted at least 4 claws in my sandwich, as well as my fiancee's sandwich. I was glad to see that they didn't use too much mayo. I'm ready to go back....for roast beef!!

Roast Beef! You can get good roast beef anywhere. But clams & lobster -- that's something else! What New England does best! :wink:

What!!!!! Kelly's Roast Beef is the Best in the north east.... That's what you go there for....Clams and lobsters can be found anywhere along the coast of New England but a good RB sandwich is hard to come by....

What!!!!! Kelly's Roast Beef is the Best in the north east.... That's what you go there for....Clams and lobsters can be found anywhere along the coast of New England but a good RB sandwich is hard to come by....
That's because you live on the Cape! Of course you can get clams and lobster easily. I live near Springfield, so I yearn for good seafood when I'm in the eastern part of the state.:wink:

Top Bottom