What's new

Boston, MA

There was always a cat in the store; usually lying behind the storefront glass. I assume that was Peanuts. Assuming it was because I remember it from a long time ago.
I came to the Hub like many others to go to school and decided to stay in spite of the winter months and I lived in the People's Republic of Cambridge for many years. I was reminiscing with some friend about the changes in the Square and the old stores that still are there.
Anyone remember the Orson Welles Film Complex and the Central Square cinema that showcased King of Hearts for years on end?

Jeez, maybe we should have a meet-up...
I'm hoping to try the whole foods in the fenway for provence sante and jason 6-in-1. I don't know if I can afford anything at colonial but if I ever run out of Tabac they have the refills for about what I paid online :mad2:

A meet up is a good idea; we might fill the stores with the local forumites and ask for group discounts.
Try the Chestnut hill mall; I haven't being there for awhile and re visit it on Monday, lots of places for wet shavers!

A meet up is a good idea; we might fill the stores with the local forumites and ask for group discounts.
Try the Chestnut hill mall; I haven't being there for awhile and re visit it on Monday, lots of places for wet shavers!

The Chestnut Hill Mall is a great place. A bit of a trek on a bike from where I live, though. But definitely worth the time and effort it takes to get there.

Took a trip here today. David and I had a nice long talk. He has the full line of eShave soaps, aftershave balms, and shave creams, Musgo Real Citrus and Regular Aftershaves, the AS Balm, the shaving cream, and the soap on a rope, Cella, Valobra Menthol, Almond, and stick, the entire T&H shave cream line in both tub and tube, the T&H aftershave balms, and something called Logona Mann shaving cream. He usually has the entire CF line in stock as well as the entire Provence Sante line. He's really interested in bringing in shave sticks, so I told him about the Tabac (he's actually never used Tabac and is very interested in trying it) and Speick shave sticks. He makes regular trips to Europe to find new products and will be going soon and restocking the store quite soon. He even carries a number of Merkur DEs including the slant, HD, Progress, and a couple others as well as a really nice looking Italian brand of DE.

On top of everything, he's a really nice guy and his prices are as good as the cheapest prices you can find on the internet (sometimes they're even lower than internet prices).

If you're ever in Boston or around the Chestnut Hill Mall, I'd suggest going here BEFORE going to Colonial Drug.

Well, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Thanks!

For the North End or Boston dwellers.. A store called A Matter of Face on hanover street sells the line of AOS products. Just a quick tidbit if you are in a jam a need a product fast.

A Matter of Face
425 Hanover St
Boston Ma. 02113
617-742-5874

very good for a small store...Ask for Paula the store owner very knowledgable in AOS products...It is a few dollars more obviously too keep up with her overhead but i think she will deal alittle bit.

very good for a small store...Ask for Paula the store owner very knowledgable in AOS products...It is a few dollars more obviously too keep up with her overhead but i think she will deal alittle bit.

Does she sell any other brands of"wet shaving" products?

Thanks for the info.

David

yeah it is guys name that he makes a whole line of products (new age) and it is not Anthony Co. other than that no but i am going to talk with her to she if she is willing to expand alittle. Not sure of the traffic she gets though.

wld87stang
You should mention to her that there are lot of wet shavers in Boston. She might stock on some other brands. I'll definitely visit

Con....I am going to mention this to her sometime next week when I go to her store. She is thinking about having a barber in her store to give shaves. Not sure though.. If she is willing I will call out to B&B Boston members..Will be in touch...

I just went to the Stoddards at the Chestnut hill mall, ended up getting some Col. Conk and some Cella (new Fav!). The help was GREAT! I would've never thought to check them out for shaving stuff but they really did have a fair bit to choose from and the prices were right in line with what I'm seeing on the web. Well worth the drive out to Rt 9!

Con....I am going to mention this to her sometime next week when I go to her store. She is thinking about having a barber in her store to give shaves. Not sure though.. If she is willing I will call out to B&B Boston members..Will be in touch...

Please post when is ready, that is another good excuse to visit the North End, not that one is neded. Good food and wet shaving

Wow, I can't believe what a strong Boston presence there is here at B+B! I'm a newbie, but just moved to Vermont from Somerville last year. I had no idea there were so many places selling wet shaving supplies in the Hub! I'm so glad I found this thread! Are you guys still planning a meetup? I'm going to be in town around Thanksgiving and would love to tag along and pick some more experienced brains if so.
Thanks!

Wow, I can't believe what a strong Boston presence there is here at B+B! I'm a newbie, but just moved to Vermont from Somerville last year. I had no idea there were so many places selling wet shaving supplies in the Hub! I'm so glad I found this thread! Are you guys still planning a meetup? I'm going to be in town around Thanksgiving and would love to tag along and pick some more experienced brains if so.
Thanks!

I'm open to the idea as long as cigars are part of the meet up.:001_smile

David

Thanks!

I'm currently traveling, but will be back home in Boston by Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom