What's new

Boots and a Billfold

I've gone to a front pocket wallet, not out of security but out of posture. sitting at a desk with a wallet poking your butt cheek is not good for the lumbar regions

The rep at my Red Wing store said the Blacksmiths are the same as the Iron Rangers, but without the toe cap. For me, i think I like the smooth toe Blacksmiths better, but I could also go with the IRs.

I like the smooth toe of the blacksmith as well, but Red Wing does not offer the Blacksmith in the Muleskinner leather. Unfortunately.

Quick update: I had some leftover Christmas money and made a trip to the Red Wing store. I bought the Blacksmith's and Iron Rangers. The Iron Rangers were way more comfortable out of the box; however, I wore the Blacksmith's out of the store.

As well, I ordered a wallet from Popov Leather. However, I have come to the conclusion that over the next month or so I will be ordering one from Saddleback and Bellroy to do a review/comparison on. They're all in the same price range of each (2-5 bucks apart). I figured it would be interesting to see how they stack up against one another.

When searching for "Best mens wallet/billfold" the Bellroy repeatedly came up. It unfortunate none of the small (er) leather craftsman get any notoriety. More to come!

Did you order any of the wallets? What are your impressions? I have been using a bigskinny multipocket bifold for years now. The rubberized coating on the inside shows some tears after a couple of years of use and so I find that I need to replaced it every couple of years if I want the wallet to be looking good.

Top Bottom