What's new

Bootcut jeans

Not all "boot cuts" are the same. Some jeans have a significant flare past the knee and for others it's more subtle. While I agree that the former looks dated, I like a jean with a subtle flare (regardless of what the cut is actually called) because it fits over my boots better. I don't wear tennis shoes with jeans, so that really isn't an issue for me. I have a pair of Wrangler boot cut jeans that fit perfectly and lay just right over my Lucchese 1883s.

My opinion is that the popular men's jean today is cut for a guy that couldn't squat his body weight even if his life depended on it. Hipsters.....

Exactly subtle flare, I usually get boot cut because they fit great when I am wearing my motorcycle boots but also hide the length of my shoes.

If I were younger and played in a grunge band perhaps skinny jeans would work ;^)

In Texas especially is West Texas, boot cut with an extra one or two inches longer than normal pants and medium starch creased is the norm. For every day wear a good loose fit jean is normal

Haha, funny video. Clever business idea.

I like boot cut still, but wear biking boots. Although I wear em with chucks too.. I just need the higher waisted ones, vs my 527s.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I wear boot cut jeans almost exclusively if I'm wearing jeans.
They are not bell bottoms, they're boot cut.
I don't want to have to pick out pants dependent upon what shoes I wear.
I often wear boots, motorcycle, cowboy, construction, combat style, and short top and if I pull a pair of jeans out I know I can wear my safety boots with them and swap to loafers later.
I'm not letting some anonymous schmuck on reddit or anywhere else dictate what style is in or out.

Every 5-10 years they seem to come back into style. I don't think we are quite repeating the part of the 90s and early 2000s where bootcut is back. We still seem to be in the skinny jean phase, or at least a straight cut. Personally I like the way bootcut jeans look but I can accept straight cut. I just can't get on board with the skinny jeans. I also don't think it is a good look for a guy over 30.

IMO the best jeans to buy are the ones that look best on you regardless of the current style trends.
The only guy over 40 that should be allowed to wear skinny jeans is is Iggy Pop!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have always worn 501s, and they work fine over my boots. Of course they look like dad jeans, but I do not care. After all, I am a dad, a Texas dad.

I buy mostly boot cut because I mostly wear boots with long pants. If not boot cut, then carpenter jeans to work in. Either way, I can't get the cuffs over boot tops with most other cuts without binding, especially Muck boots.

Many in my crowd wear either cargos or carpenter jeans. I showed up in a pair of straight cut jeans recently. They laughed at me and called them "skinny" jeans...lol.

Top Bottom