What's new

REVIEW: The Tatara Nodachi Razor

It is like buying Apple products. You will eventually end up with more then you need:)
Mixing up the finishes can also give you a nice design.
The mini handle was a bad idea:)
Tatara_.jpg

It is like buying Apple products. You will eventually end up with more then you need:)
Mixing up the finishes can also give you a nice design.
The mini handle was a bad idea:)
View attachment 1513269
That's beautiful! I so want to get at least The Nodachi blowed plate. Maybe the head idk. I love the handle. The mini seems fun and I want that too. Obviously need the cork holder and the brush .

Also, does the adjustable give as many options as just collecting the heads and baseplates? The adjustable is so pretty, but is it as good as that exact same gap and exposure in the 3 pice variety?

Also, does the adjustable give as many options as just collecting the heads and baseplates? The adjustable is so pretty, but is it as good as that exact same gap and exposure in the 3 pice variety?
It is basically all the base plate and head options in one razor, not counting the OC option.
It is the only razor that adjust the gap and blade exposure seamlessly.
Other adjustable razors just adjust the gap. That also increases the blade exposure, but not in the same way.
The problem for me with the Nodachi is that is to agressive for daily shaves. A rigid blade clamping, combined with positive blade exposure can quickly turn into a carrot pealer:)
I would gladly just keep my Muramasa and my Masamune, because I do not use the Nodachi all.

Beard is allot tougher then what I assume you are removing:) The Nodachi seem a little to much for that task if I am honest.

It is basically all the base plate and head options in one razor, not counting the OC option.
It is the only razor that adjust the gap and blade exposure seamlessly.
Other adjustable razors just adjust the gap. That also increases the blade exposure, but not in the same way.
The problem for me with the Nodachi is that is to agressive for daily shaves. A rigid blade clamping, combined with positive blade exposure can quickly turn into a carrot pealer:)
I would gladly just keep my Muramasa and my Masamune, because I do not use the Nodachi all.

Beard is allot tougher then what I assume you are removing:) The Nodachi seem a little to much for that task if I am honest.
I so want to try the Nodachi base with Masamune head and the Nodachi head with Masamune base.
If you want to sell parts I am looking for the whole set.
I don't like the longer handle though.

Top Bottom