What's new

Body Soap of the Day

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I actually never thought of using this for bath soap. I do wash my hands with it. How is for a bath soap.
My friend, the original Savon de Marseille can be used for everything, you can even use it for brushing your teeth! Being very moisturizing in winter-time my family and I use it for washing the hands, showering and as a shampoo bar, too. Nothing is better.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Nesti Dante
Lavanda
Dei Colli Fiorentini

108.jpg

My friend, the original Savon de Marseille can be used for everything, you can even use it for brushing your teeth! Being very moisturizing in winter-time my family and I use it for washing the hands, showering and as a shampoo bar, too. Nothing is better.
Good to know. It is really effective soap. Good for dishes, if I recall. I like the way having a big cube of it on the side of my sink looks.

Thanks, Marco! That is beautiful soap. Such a quality product. And Provence lavender! Such a treat!

What is the difference, if you know, I have not been able to figure it out, between the green, brown, and off white soap versions. I seem to have the first and the last. They seem very similar in performance to me.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks, Marco! That is beautiful soap. Such a quality product. And Provence lavender! Such a treat!

What is the difference, if you know, I have not been able to figure it out, between the green, brown, and off white soap versions. I seem to have the first and the last. They seem very similar in performance to me.
Sure, here is an explanation for you: the white soap is a laundry soap and it's made with palm oil. It can be used for the body, but it's not what it's supposed to be used for. The green and brown soaps are made with at least 72% of extra virgin olive oil. These are the best ones and the ideal soaps for all skin types, even the most sensitive. When freshly produced they are dark green and, as time passes, they tend towards a brownish colour. They are still perfectly good, just a bit older due to air oxidation.

Oh, and the Lavender from Provence... :001_wub:

1000003186.jpg

Sure, here is an explanation for you: the white soap is a laundry soap and it's made with palm oil. It can be used for the body, but it's not what it's supposed to be used for. The green and brown soaps are made with at least 72% of extra virgin olive oil. These are the best ones and the ideal soaps for all skin types, even the most sensitive. When freshly produced they are dark green and, as time passes, they tend towards a brownish colour. They are still perfectly good, just a bit older due to air oxidation.
Wow, thanks for that explanation, Marco. I have the white (off white) version and green turning to brown versions. I think I got everything on Amazon. It seems to me that the descriptions of the off white versions said and still say they are made of olive oil--that is what I was going for--and seem to say they can be used for body along with a host of other things. I am not even sure they mention laundry. Bar soap has not seemed like a great format for laundry to me, but this would not be the only laundry bar. What do you use for dishes?

Anyway, what you say makes sense to me based on my experience, I think. That the green to brown versions are easier on the skin! I am glad I asked you, Good Friend!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Wow, thanks for that explanation, Marco. I have the white (off white) version and green turning to brown versions. I think I got everything on Amazon. It seems to me that the descriptions of the off white versions said and still say they are made of olive oil--that is what I was going for--and seem to say they can be used for body along with a host of other things. I am not even sure they mention laundry. Bar soap has not seemed like a great format for laundry to me, but this would not be the only laundry bar. What do you use for dishes?

Anyway, what you say makes sense to me based on my experience, I think. That the green to brown versions are easier on the skin! I am glad I asked you, Good Friend!
My friend, what I told you has been carefully explained to me directly by the Master Soap Makers in France. In particular, I had a very nice conversation with the artisans of Fer à Cheval (one of the top 4 original soap brands in Marseille) and they also disclosed to me some details of the manufacturing process, which has literally remained the same in the last five hundred years!

As always, I'm at your service. :001_smile

My friend, what I told you has been carefully explained to me directly by the Master Soap Makers in France. In particular, I had a very nice conversation with the artisans of Fer à Cheval (one of the top 4 original soap brands in Marseille) and they also disclosed to me some details of the manufacturing process, which has literally remained the same in the last five hundred years!

As always, I'm at your service. :001_smile
Thank you, Marco! I am grateful for and honored by your help. It is wonderful and special soap. I am a little annoyed with Amazon!

Top Bottom