What's new

Boar Brush Help

Doesn't look too bad, Paul. So how did you think it went? Is boar a bore, or are bristles the best?

I think it's a work in progress, but it is definitely getting there. I'm thinking that the boar is worth the money in a strictly utilitarian sense (at the very least). It would be ideal for someone strictly into this for the cost savings. I need more time to determine if it would ever take the place of my badger brushes... I'm not in any hurry to make a final determination just yet.

Exactly! I've only recently went back to boar, Paul, and you need to make sure only to let the the excess water drip from the brush. No shaking. No little squeezes. Just let her drip and start lathering as normal. You may need to add some water as you go along, but depending on what you're using, you may be fine. I've only used my Omega #10077 for about, oh, two weeks now, and it seems that for soaps the brush holds close to the amount of water you need more so than creams, but it holds its own against my two badger brushes just fine.

EDIT: Nice video you found there, Ignatius. He's a bit overkill on that puck though isn't he? :thumbup1:

I used Matt's method listed above, let drip, no shaking, no squeezing and then to the soap. WOW what a difference!! I would have sworn that was too much water, but what an improvement. :thumbup:

Top Bottom