What's new

Blade Wars: Polsilver Super Iridium vs. Wizamet Iridium Super

Blade Wars: Polsilver Super Iridium vs. Wizamet Iridium Super

These may be the same blades. They are both made in Russia, and while the packaging is different, the stamp on the blades is exactly the same. As a result, I will not be doing a blind test. (When I open the razors at the end, I won’t know which blades I’m looking at.) I’ve loaded the Wizamet into my blue-handled Protégé and the Polsilver into my silver-handled Protégé.

Many thanks to [MENTION=4567]gagarin[/MENTION] who generously sent me the Wizamets.

I’ll shave half my face with one, half with the other, and share what I experience.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments. If you have any knowledge about the history of these blades, I would love to hear about it.

I've shaved with both and swear there is a slight difference. I found the Polsilver's gave me slight irritation post shave especially on my neck where as the original Wizamet's did not. Very interested to hear your results.

I have both, but haven't used the Polsilver yet. The Wizamet, however, I rode for over 30 shaves during the One-Blade-in-February challenge. Great blade. Hope it ends up a tie.

The Polsilver nicked me a lot & caused extreme irritation on my neck. I would not want them if someone sent them to me for free.!:w00t:

The Polsilver nicked me a lot & caused extreme irritation on my neck. I would not want them if someone sent them to me for free.!:w00t:

A perfect example of YMMV. I have terribly sensitive skin, and Polsilver are hands down my favorite blade so far.

This war is like Chuck Norris vs Chuck Norris. Chuck will win, and somehow, not lose.

Well that stinks! sorry they didnt work for you. My skin/beard is in agreement with @CigarSmoka though, one of my top irritation-free blades. Very sharp and incredible smooth.

(In context, I generally like sharp blades - feathers, Gillette 7OC sharp edge, polsilvers, etc.)

Last edited:
Shave 1

face lathered with AOS Lemon cream
silver razor=right side, blue razor=left side

I took [MENTION=78901]NyquistRate[/MENTION]'s advice, and made this a blind test. I marked the Polsilver SI blade with a black laundry marker and then switched around the end caps on my razors. I don't know which blade is in which handle.

I did a two-pass shave this morning, and both blades were very similar. In both passes the blade in the silver razor seemed ever so slightly smoother - it seemed to glide a little more easily on my face. The right side of my face seems like it has a slightly closer shave.

Out of 100 points, I'd give silver 51 and blue 49.

Shave 2
Face lathered with TOBS Grapefruit
blue=right side, silver=left side

A good two-pass shave today. Both razors feel sharp and smooth. They both were very similar and very good. After following my shave with a splash of homemade lemon/orange splash, I still felt a little irritation on my neck. (It felt similar on both sides.) When I looked in the mirror, I had two spots on the right side of my neck that didn't hurt, but looked like cigarette burns. I rubbed on some Nivea Sensitive balm, and the marks disappeared on the spot. I don't seem to have any after-effects.

Shave 2
Face lathered with TOBS Grapefruit
blue=right side, silver=left side

A good two-pass shave today. Both razors feel sharp and smooth. They both were very similar and very good. After following my shave with a splash of homemade lemon/orange splash, I still felt a little irritation on my neck. (It felt similar on both sides.) When I looked in the mirror, I had two spots on the right side of my neck that didn't hurt, but looked like cigarette burns. I rubbed on some Nivea Sensitive balm, and the marks disappeared on the spot. I don't seem to have any after-effects.

What do you think that was CW?

Do you think you got some of the fakes? I know YMMV, but Polsilvers work very well for me, just about as good as the GSBs.

In world of DE blades, Polsilvers reign supreme. Some come close such as permasharps and GSB. But Polsilvers are the King!

Top Bottom