What's new

Bigfoot Update

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
[FONT=Georgia, serif]"...with more than 100 listed in New York and more than 250 in neighboring Ohio."[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]I'm pretty sure Pennsylvania sits between these two neighboring states. So that means they are traversing across PA! I KNEW it!! I'm grabbing my night visions, GoPro, and trusty Henry 30-30 and heading north. I'll report back when I'm able to document one of these elusive, camera shy critters![/FONT]

Not sure which is more frightening, that these folks warrant a semi-serious news story, or that they think that Ohio is a neighbor to New York.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here.
Every account that I have heard or read of Bigfoot has described him as being near human. As such, I'm going to reply mostly in terms of human/hominid/primate behavior.

"1. Where's the body?" While it takes different forms, burial is arguably the most common way that we humans dispose of our dead...and we Homo sapiens aren't the first. Evidence of burial has been found for pre-modern human species such as Homo habilis, Homo heidlbergensis, Homo neanderthalensis and the recently-discovered Homo naledi. It's not much of a stretch to think that, if related to the five species listed, Bigfoot would behave in a similar way.

"2. What's it eat?" We humans are omnivorous, as is our closest living relative--the chimp. All evidence points to the fact that ancestor-species were, likewise, omnivorous. Again, it wouldn't be hard to believe that a related species would be omnivorous, perhaps even a bit of a scavenger like us (what better way to describe a trip to the deli, butcher shop or burger joint?).

"3. Where's it crap?" Many animals--both prey and predator--instinctively bury/conceal their crap. The entire kitty litter industry is built around this instinct. The Native American--especially the scout--was taught to do so from a early age. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the burial/concealment of crap part of the training for military units such as Special Forces and sniper teams? Hell, we all do it, most of us just do it the easy way these days! And what if Bigfoot was in the habit of popping a squat and walking away? How long would the crap lay there waiting to be found? A day or two? Would you recognize a pile if it were steaming fresh?

"4. Where's the breeding population?" Let's start this off with a quote from the above post. ...even if you hypothetically allow only 1% of the sightings as real, there would have to be minimum 10,000 of these things." There's about 107,500,000 acres of federally designated/protected wilderness area here in the U.S. That means that each of your 10,000 Bigfeet (?) could have 10,750 acres to himself. That's almost 16.8 square miles per individual. This does not count other undeveloped/reclaimed/transitional lands.

Many animals are either solitary outside of breeding season or live in small family groups. Neither is horribly uncommon amongst humans. If the creature is migratory/nomadic (another very human behavior), it would be even harder to spot.

"5. Where does it sleep?" Camouflage is a way of life for many animals--both predator and prey. Have you seen the video of the sniper disappearing/appearing before your eyes, or heard the stories of the sniper being stepped over/on by the enemy without detection? It takes years of training. Now, what if you had been learning to do so from birth, or were simply born with the instinct?

Again, if true, we'd be talking about a creature with the senses and instincts of a wild animal and a near-human intellect....and he has 16+ square miles that he would likely know as well as you know your own home.

Also:
"...it screams at the top of its lungs, it throws rocks, it bangs on trees, it stinks to high heaven..." All are defensive/posturing strategies exhibited by a number of species, including (to at least some degree) humans and chimps. This isn't day-to-day behavior. It's employed as a last resort to physical conflict.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The justification for the existence of bigfoot always reminds me of the joke about the guy blowing a whistle in the middle of his Indiana corn field.
When asked why he was doing it, he replied "To keep the man eating tigers away". When informed that there were no man eating tigers in Indiana, he replied "See? It works!".

Most of the "evidence" provided by those who really want to believe, is of the type that supports the fact that there is no evidence.
That's not how science works.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I sent Bigfoot a package today. I know where he lives.

We can stop the search.

Oh...I guess...he is real after all.

You know where I work, so I am still elusive.

Can Bigfoot swim?

I used to swim a mile a day.

Yes, but he always gets bogged down in the The Legend of Boggy Creek part one and two.

That's a hoax. :lol:

That's NOT elusive! When you get right down to it Bigfoot's an A-Hole! Even someone that's deaf dumb and blind should have no problem finding this thing.

I am trying to be friendlier.

You sent me a package yesterday. What are you trying to tell me, Jason?

That Bigfoot is about 2 hours North of you.

I sent THE Bigfoot a package yesterday.

Where is it? :w00t:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I just learned there is such a thing as a cryptozoologist.

So why can't I take my kids to the cryptozoo?

I love that term.
A cryptozoologist is a zoologist that studies animals that aren't there. Apparently they present and examine cryptoevidence.
Finally - we have some cryptoproof.

I'm a cryptomillionaire.

Cryptogeography.

What does Superman's dog have to do with any of this? :blink:

The justification for the existence of bigfoot always reminds me of the joke about the guy blowing a whistle in the middle of his Indiana corn field.
When asked why he was doing it, he replied "To keep the man eating tigers away". When informed that there were no man eating tigers in Indiana, he replied "See? It works!".

Most of the "evidence" provided by those who really want to believe, is of the type that supports the fact that there is no evidence.
That's not how science works.

What evidence are you referring to? I simply poked holes in a series of questions that are used to justify a lack of credible (well-funded) research.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
What evidence are you referring to? I simply poked holes in a series of questions that are used to justify a lack of credible (well-funded) research.

I have a hundred reasons why no one has ever proven why the giant magical neon unicorn that lives in the Great Lakes region doesn't exist.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
"3. Where's it crap?" Many animals--both prey and predator--instinctively bury/conceal their crap. The entire kitty litter industry is built around this instinct. The Native American--especially the scout--was taught to do so from a early age. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the burial/concealment of crap part of the training for military units such as Special Forces and sniper teams? Hell, we all do it, most of us just do it the easy way these days! And what if Bigfoot was in the habit of popping a squat and walking away? How long would the crap lay there waiting to be found? A day or two? Would you recognize a pile if it were steaming fresh?

If being a mod for 9+ years has taught me anything, it's how to identify a fresh steaming pile of crap. :lol:

Being harry, they may do well in the coldest climates. That said, if the flat Earth model is correct, they die by walking off the edge into deep 'space'.
:lol:

If being a mod for 9+ years has taught me anything, it's how to identify a fresh steaming pile of crap. :lol:

BIGFOOT crap. There's your evidence, all you naysayers and skeptics! We're closer than ever to The Truth!

I'm now in the wilds of northwestern PA. Should have proof soon.

There are hundreds of stories of just such creatures from all over the world in almost every tribe and people group on the face of the earth.

The he following list is just a few of the names given to a hominid like creature that could easily also be called "Big foot" and they come from all over the earth!

A

• Albatwitche, the manlike apple stealers (Susquehannock Native)
  • Almas
  • Almasty
  • American Ape
  • Anisau
  • Ape-Man

B

• The Bad Smelling Tree Men (USA, ID, Coeur d'Alene, and WA, Spokane)
  • Barmanu (northwest Pakistan)
  • B'gwas (Haisla, Canada, BC)
  • Biabin-Guli
  • Big Big Hairy Figure With Eyes Sunk Deep In The Head (n.w. USA, Wakashan, Kwakiutl Tribe)
  • big hairy man, the messenger (USA, Hopi Tribe)
  • Big Hairy Monster
  • the Big Man (USA, western SD, Lakota)
  • Big Ones
  • Blacki
  • Boggy Boon
  • Boggy Bill (USA, east TX)
  • the Booger
  • Booger Man
  • Boogie Man
  • Boogy Monster
  • Boqs (s.w. Canada, Bella Coola Tribe)
  • Brenin Llwyd
  • Brother Who Comes Back Before The Next Very Big Winter (USA, SD, Ogala, Lakota)

Chinese Wild man

C

• Caddo Critter
  • the Cannibal Giant (USA, Native American)
  • the Cannibal, who eats dead people (USA, Na-Dene)
  • Cave Monster
  • Cave Spirit
  • Cave Yeller (USA, KY)
  • Cer Ra Ca Wa "the turkey eater" (northern Mexico)
  • Chi-Chi
  • Chinese Wild man
  • Chiye-tanka, great elder brother (n.w. USA, Lakota)
  • Chuchuna
  • Ci-e (USA, SD, Pine Ridge Res.)
  • Crying Beast(USA, southern Ohio, 1800s)

Devil Monkey

D

• Devils
  • Devil Monkey (USA, s.w. OK)
  • Destroyer Who Breaks Up Houses (USA, Na-Dene)
  • Doolagahi
  • Doolagahl (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Doolagarl (Aboriginal Australia)

E

• Engeco

The Fouke Monster is named after
the town of Fouke, Arkansas

F

• Ferla Mohair
  • The Fetid Beast
  • Forest Devil
  • Forest Giants
  • Fouke Monster
The Ohio Grassman

G

• Gerendel (Old Danish)
  • Giganto
  • Gigantopithecines blacki
  • Gin-sung
  • Grass man
  • Gooligah (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Gugu (Sumatra)
Honey Island Swamp Monster
H

• Hairy Bill (USA, TX)
  • Hairy Giants
  • Hairy Ones
  • Hairy Man, Hairy Woman, or Hairy People
  • "the hairy man (men) who appears as a symptom of disruption" (USA, SD, Lakota)
  • The Hairy People (USA, KY, Leslie County)
  • the Hairy Stinka Boo (USA, southern OH)
  • Hill Monkeys (OK)
  • Hokou
  • Holla Yella (USA, WV)
  • Holayela (USA, WV and east OH)
  • Hoodoo
  • Hoohoo
  • Honey Island Monster

I

• Indin Hair Man (USA, WV)
Jacko

J

• Jacko (Canada, BC)
  • Jimbra (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Jingera (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Jinka
  • The Jungle Man (India)
Kikomba

K

• Kakundak (Africa)
  • Kaptat
  • Kecleh-Kudleh
  • Kikomba
  • King Kong
L

• Loup-garou (French for wolf-man)
  • Long eared Ape
Mande Burung
M

• Matlose (w.Canada, Nootkas Tribe)
  • The Man-Beast
  • Mande Burung (India)
  • Man-Monkey
  • Mannimal
  • Mapinguari
  • Mirygdy
  • Monkey Man (USA, OK)
  • Momo, Mo Mo (USA, short for 'Missouri Monster')
Ngoloko

N

• Nant'ina
  • Narcoonah
  • Living Neanderthal
  • Nibagon
  • Ngoloko
  • Nguoi rung (Asia)
  • Ngui Rung (Vietnamese)
  • Nolem or Dog Eaters (USA, Nadene)
  • Noocoonah (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Nuk-Luk (North America)
  • Nu'numic (Aztec)
  • Nun Yunu Wi
  • Nyalmo (Asia)

P

Orang Pendek

O

• Oh-mah (USA, NE)
  • Old Hairy Bill (TX)
  • Old Yellow
  • Old Yellow Top (Canada, Ontario)
  • Old Ones Who Cry
  • Old Ones Who Run At Night
  • Old Skunky Bill (USA, east TX)
  • Opie (USA, TN and NC)
  • Orang Pendek (Oceania, Sumatran)
  • Ot-ne-yar-hed, the giants (north eastern USA, Iroquoian)

P

• Pecos Bill (in the original TX legend he was huge and hairy!)
Quinken
Q

• (Aboriginal Australia)

R

• Red Eyes (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Rugaru (USA, ND, Ojibway)
Skunk Ape

S

• Sasquatch, or sε´sq'əč (Halkomelem, A Salishan language, southwest British Columbia)
  • Seatco, the Wicked Giant (n.w. USA, native Nusqually)
  • S _ _ _ Man, or Men (USA, WV)
  • Skunk Ape
  • Skunk Demon
  • Skunky Bill
  • Stinkaboo
  • Stink Man
  • St' Iyahama (USA, OR, Umatilla)

T

• Tah-tah-kle'-ah or Owl-Woman Monster (n.w. USA, Yakama and Shasta Indians)
  • Tsek Etinu's (USA, Na-Dene)
  • Tsiatko Giants (n.w.USA, native)
  • Stsomu'lamux (USA, Na Dene)
  • Taku he (native American, Lakota )
  • Tano Giant (Africa)
  • Teh-Ima (Asia)
  • Tch-lma
  • Tree Men (USA, ID, Coeur d'Alene, and WA, Spokane)
  • Tjandara (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Tha-tha Kla-yah-ma (n.w. USA, Yakama )
  • Thoolagal (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Tomy Knocker
  • Tobi Juan In The Wood (USA, Ark., Tenn.)
  • Tsawane'it Emux (USA, Nadene)
  • Tse'nahaha (USA, Paiute)
  • Tso'apittse (USA, Nevada)
Ucumar

U

• Urayuli
  • Ucumar (Latin America)
Witiko
W

• Weendego (USA, central to north-eastern, Ojibwa)
  • Wendigo (Algonquian, central to north-eastern USA)
  • Windego (northern USA)
  • Wetiko (central to north-eastern USA)
  • Wihalaid, the Cannibal Beast (USA, Na-Dene)
  • Windago (central to north-eastern USA)
  • Windikouk (central to north-eastern USA)
  • Who-Who
  • the Wigidokowok People(n.w. USA, Native)
  • Wildman
  • Wild Man Uncle (n.w. USA, Nehalem)
  • Wild Man Of Borneo
  • Witiko
  • Woods Child (USA, Ohio, 1800s)
  • Woods Booger (southeastern USA)
  • Woods Devils (USA, NH, Coos county)
  • Wooly Booger
Yowie
Y

• Yahoo (Australia)
  • Yakaka
  • Yaroma (Aboriginal Australia)
  • Yeahoh (USA, KY, Algonkian)
  • Yellers
  • Yellow Top (Canada, Ontario)
  • Yeren (Chinese)
  • Yeti
  • Yowie (Australia)

They have eave been reported on the Internet since the beginning of the Internet!
How much proof does someone need!!!
:lol:

Top Bottom