What's new

Best tobacco soap

I have just ordered it and exchanged couple of msg with Kerry prior to that about scent strength and notes in it. He didn't mention any tobacco note in it but I am hoping there is some.
Would you say it is tobacco flower or un cured green leaf to it?

I would lean towards green leaf. It is a very masculine scent; the other significant note I get is leather. Whilst Kerry mentioned pipe smoke in his notes, I get a subtler tobacco note. If you like the pipe smoke note, I would recommend Group Captain's Blend, by Squadron Soaps.

Here are notes on Spitfire written by Kerry and lifted from the P&B website:

"Spitfire is a scent I designed around the olfactory memories I have of my Grandfather, who was himself a WW2 Veteran of North Africa and Italy. An avid pipe smoker my "Papa" had an almost tangible air of leather and tobacco that seemed to follow him wherever he went.

For Spitfire I've taken the sweet crispness of juniper and blended that with the freshness of bergamot, woodiness of cedarwood and laid all three on to a base of warming leather and rich tobacco
."

Asylum Old Virginia. This is made for BullGoose by WSP, but it's quite different from WSP Tobacco. It''s not as sweet as many tobacco soaps.

I am fairly new to wet shaving but have added a few soaps to my den with fragrances I am familiar with.

As I continually shop for soaps, i notice there are several with tobacco in it. Having never smoked anything before, I don't have an idea of what a good tobacco smells like.

So, what soaps do you recommend?

Thanks

Barrister and Mann leviathan is the best tobacco soap I’ve ever used.

Btw, somebody mentioned b&m nocturne in the other thread. It smells like skoal cherry to me.

Fwiw, tobacco flower soaps, I don’t consider as tobacco soaps. They smell nothing like pipes or chew.

I am fairly new to wet shaving but have added a few soaps to my den with fragrances I am familiar with.

As I continually shop for soaps, i notice there are several with tobacco in it. Having never smoked anything before, I don't have an idea of what a good tobacco smells like.

So, what soaps do you recommend?

Thanks

Recent thread here... Best tobacco soap

Recent thread here... Best tobacco soap

There are a lot of suggestions for good tobacco soaps in the thread I created. If you also look in the shave creams section I also created a thread there for tobacco creams and there are tons of suggestions there as well.

Wholly Kaw Project Leather. Smells like a leather sofa in a smoking lounge to me.
I just received a sample of Project Leather and whoo boy...I did not care for it. I was intrigued at first, but the more I smelled it the more I disliked it. Then I couldn't get the smell out of my nostrils and I had a headache for the rest of the night.

I just received a sample of Project Leather and whoo boy...I did not care for it. I was intrigued at first, but the more I smelled it the more I disliked it. Then I couldn't get the smell out of my nostrils and I had a headache for the rest of the night.

As an ex-cigarette smoker, I smelled it and then put it into a Newbie PIF I did. How would you describe the smell of it?

As an ex-cigarette smoker, I smelled it and then put it into a Newbie PIF I did. How would you describe the smell of it?
I'm not really very good at describing scents, but the strongest note I'm getting is cigar tobacco, and I guess I was hoping for more of a sweet, pipe-tobacco scent. Either way, it's not for me.

Top Bottom